Welcome to My Life

Hi ya'll, thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy reading my posts about my life, reviews of books, and whatever comes to mind. Please look around and let me know that you've been here. Enjoy!

Saturday, August 1, 2009

another month down

Wow, it's August. It's hard to believe that he has been gone for 4 months now. But it's wonderful meaning he will almost be home soon. August also means that it's my birthday, something that can be a wonderful thing, but this year is somewhat bittersweet. I miss home alot, I miss Jake a lot, but I'm grateful for the friends that I have made in the short amount of time that I have been here in VA. I don't have any big plans for my bday, just to get through it lol. Next year I can worry about making big plans, since next year will be a milestone. BOO.

And with it being August also mean another month closer to welcoming our son into this world. I'm getting more and more excited by the day, but also more anxious. I've not been well for the last few weeks, fighting off infections and such, so hopefully I'll be feeling better soon. I worry about the effects that it will have on the baby, hopefully none, but still worries me nonetheless. I'm not to fond of having him camp out in my ribs, which just started a few days ago, but as long as he is healthy and happy I'll be fine with it. It's exciting being able to feel him move around and kick. It's also exciting to be able to feel around on my belly and try to figure out if that a arm or a butt or a leg or a head. While I've not had the best time of this pregnancy, there are many things I will always cherish. I just wish that I could share them with my husband in person and not through email, which seems so cold to me. But deployments/separations are apart of this life. We've dealt with being apart before, spending the whole first year of our marriage apart, but that doesn't mean it gets any easier. And now with the anticipation of our baby coming into our lives, it makes this separation all the more difficult. Well back to my preparing/cleaning/nesting/craziness or whatnot of cleaning the house and washing his baby stuff.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...