So I finally have some down time, since D now rides the bus to school and that give me an extra hour almost each day. I had planned on doing an update last week, but well hubs had other plans. He had a surgery on 18 OCT, and well has been having problem after problem and went to the ER and ended up being hospitalized. So YAY for him. He's home now, so hopefully we can get him better.
But back to an update. Hubs came home from his 2nd deployment in July. Yay. So glad that we got through that one partially unaffected. As with any deployment, there was some tears and frustration and other related issues. But thanks to great friends, D and I survived. He was home for two weeks and then we had our vow renewal. But I wasn't allowed to call it that, it was a wedding. We had it at our church and some family and friends from back home made it. I even got to have the awesome dress. Then we went on a short honeymoon to Colonial Willamsburg. In the 3 1/2 years that I've lived here, I had never been up there. So it was a great little trip for us to take alone. Thank goodness for D's godparents taking him for a few days and the help of some awesome baby sitters to help out when we needed them.
Fast forward a few weeks and boom, a BFP or a big fat positive pregnancy test. We had planned to try for number two when he got home from deployment, but I didn't think it would be so fast. As much fun (well not a whole lot of fun, I did have some complications with D) as another 9 months of being pregnant could be, we were excited. And hubs gets to be home for this pregnancy, since he was deployed during the last. Being home for the birth is up in the air right now, but for most of the pregnancy he will be home. Yay.
And now on to D. He started preschool on 1 OCT. He was getting speech and occupational therapy in home once a week, but since he was turning 3, he was eligible for the VA Beach school system's early education program. So while we miss his speech and OT therapists, (who we had for quite a while), it's been great for him to be in school. He is starting to blab on a lot more and is finally speaking words that we can understand, and he knows a lot of his alphabet. It's great. I'm hoping that the communication continues to improve and potty training can start to go better.
Well I think that is the quick version of events of the last few months. Hopefully now that D is gone for like 4 hours each day I can at least post once a week, once I'm done with my reading, and cleaning, and running around and stuff. :) :)
No comments:
Post a Comment