I'm sure I'm not the only one who is over it as well!!! The "IT", well the government shutdown of course. Now I don't usually post anything political, mainly because I don't feel that I'm educated enough on political parties and the like, but I do have my opinions and causes and things that I think are important, and according to some quiz I took online it said that I'm a Republican (which I don't think I am but like I said not educated about politics much).
Anyway, we are now in week two of this shutdown. I think it is such crap that people who were elected to be the voice of the people are not doing that. I don't understand how hard it could be to come to an agreement of some sort that would take care of our country not keep it down and out. The fact that this issue really affect me and my family, I feel like I need to say something about it. I can contact my representatives and they'd be like "well we appreciate you contacting us" blah blah blah, but I still need to do it and also share with others as well.
I don't think it's right that anyone should have to be in fear of not getting paid. For example, the service members. They already have enough stress, especially if they are deployed, and the elected don't seem to care that service members and their families rely heavily on their pay getting to them (or they don't seem to realize the importance since they will be paid no matter what). And now there is the issue that our service members who have lost their lives in service to this country now can't be brought home, their families can get the funds they need to bury these people who died serving the country that Congress is supposed to be serving as well. It just burns me up about that. I would love to see what a member of Congress would go through if this was them! I'm sure they'd be all over getting things up and running again.
Ok, so I have a ton more to say about this issue, but I can't think straight at the moment, and I need to get Miss A up and playing with her :) I thank goodness for my children and my husband, at least I have bright spots in my life (along with my friends and family) that get me through all of the crap that we have to deal with. I'm gonna get my head on straight and my thoughts out later, when kids are in bed and I get some time :)
No comments:
Post a Comment