Welcome to My Life

Hi ya'll, thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy reading my posts about my life, reviews of books, and whatever comes to mind. Please look around and let me know that you've been here. Enjoy!

Thursday, February 6, 2014

#peace.... with my body? well....

The word for this week in the Proverbs 31 Online Bible Study of Made To Crave by Lysa TerKeurst is #peace. We are supposed to find peace with our bodies. Well, I for one, know that is a big task for me to take on. I don't think I've ever been at peace with my body. I've had so many problems over the years with different parts of it, from ankle injuries that crushed my ability to dance as much as I wanted, to knee injuries that still plague me and back problems as well, then we get to the weight issue. I wasn't always overweight. But once I moved away to college and wanted to fit in with friends from work, going to Outback and eating cheese fries with loads of ranch, well the weight came on. My highest weight was 230+ ( I didn't keep track much after the 230 part). Right before I got pregnant with our first child I was down to 192, and it was great. Then I started working hard to get off that weight, then the stress of being a mom and having a husband gone alot started to add up. Then we had our second daughter and again the stresses of being a mom without my hubby around have added up and I'm up in weight again.

Well this year is going to be different. I am going to learn that the numbers on the scale don't always define me, but they do tell me that I do need to make some changes. I want to learn to have the peace with my body that I know I should. I know what I need to do, but knowing and doing are always two different things. One reason I joined the M2C study this year was to actually do it, unlike the last time. Sure I read the book (and I've got tons of highlighting and marking to prove it) but I want to actually apply the book to my life. I joined the Ymca as well, even though I've only made it once so far (thanks snow and illness), but I have the goal of going, and it will help since trying to do a workout with a 9 month old trying to get under your feet is really hard.

I want to find peace with my body, and I plan on doing that this year. My word for the year is strength anyway, so I need to get physically strong as well.

2 comments:

A Well Watered Garden said...

Woo Hoo that you are having a heart change this year! I've been there with you on the read it but didn't make changes. Once we have these heart changes going God can Empower us! Stay Determined on your journey.

Anonymous said...

Katie, I believe you WILL do it this year!! Keep depending on the LORD for strength and go to Him when you are lonely, and you will!!

Thank you for being so open with us today and sharing from your heart.

In His love,
Pat (OBS Blog Team)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...