I love the subtitle of this book: Trade the Chaos of How you Feel for the Truth of Who You Are. That sounds awesome right? Shelia Walsh has great insight with her new book. There are 10 chapters that take you from one end of an emotional rollercoaster to the other, such as From Shame to Love and From Heartbreak to Strength.
My favorite chapter by far was the Heartbreak to Strength, because it spoke to me right now in the place that I'm at. Each chapter starts with the hard stuff, but leads us to Christ and how we can come out of the trials/chaos/bad stuff going on in our lives with help from powerful stories of others, including Walsh, who have come through their storm and how we can rely on Scripture and God to get through them.
At the end of each chapter there is a section called "Standing Through Your Storm" which offers activities and suggestions to help you through that particular topic from the chapter. So many great ideas to help change your storm into something calm.
This was my first Shelia Walsh book and I really enjoyed it. I look forward to reading some of her other books as well.
Book Description
No matter the storm, God knows, God cares, and He is always there.The chaos of life can be overwhelming, and women get a heavier dose than most. Each day comes with its own pressures, heartaches, and disappointments that slowly erode the joy, peace, and closeness to God every woman needs. Chaos always feels like the enemy as it rages around us and inside us. But there is hope!
In The Storm Inside, best-selling author and Women of Faith speaker Sheila Walsh invites you into ten life-changing, hope-filled transformations where hurt and heartache are divinely redeemed into joy and faith. With insightful biblical teaching, intimate stories of her own storms and the chaos other women have faced and overcome, Walsh shows how:
- Heartbreak can become strength
- Shame can lead to love
- Unforgiveness can find freedom
- Restoration can undo rage
- Courage overcomes insignificance
- And so much more
It is time as daughters of God to take the chaos of how we feel, lay it at the feet of God, and stand strong in who we are in Him. This simple teaching will be the difference between a life of joy and one of despair. Sheila powerfully reminds us that God offers no guarantee of a life without storms, but He does provide the strength and grace to make it through them.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <http://booklookbloggers.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising

No comments:
Post a Comment