Welcome to My Life

Hi ya'll, thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy reading my posts about my life, reviews of books, and whatever comes to mind. Please look around and let me know that you've been here. Enjoy!

Friday, June 13, 2014

NIrV Adventure Bible for Early Readers review


I  was very excited to review this Bible for my family. My son is really starting to enjoy his Jesus Calling storybook Bible and so I have been trying to find a good regular Bible for him. This one is great. He loves the cover, which has an awesome sticker on the front (lenticular 3D motion on the cover.) The NIrV translation is easy to read an understand, and I think we will have lots of fun with story time in this Bible.
It has lots of color on the pages, with articles on Life in Bible times, People in Bible times and Did you Know facts. I enjoy reading those even.The Famous Children of the Bible page can help kids find stories about other kids from the Bible and see if they can relate to them. There's a page on question kids ask, and gives verses for them to look up for those answers.
 The introduction pages have basic information about when the book was written and some important things that happened in the timeline of the book. Very helpful for those kids who are doing their own Bible study


I really do love this Bible. It is targeted for kids who are able to read on their own and do their own study (ages 6-9), but I think it's going to be a great addition to our reading for our kids. It has the whole translation of the Bible so that kids can learn along with their parents in easy to read words. I would totally recommend this to anyone with kids of any age who want to learn more about the Bible. 
 

Book Description

Ready for Adventure? The Adventure Bible for Early Readers takes you on a fun, exciting journey through God’s Word. Along the way you’ll meet all types of people, see all sorts of places, and learn all kinds of things about the Bible. Most importantly, you’ll grow closer in your relationship with God. Here’s a quick tour through the features:
  • Life in Bible Times - Articles and illustrations describe what life was like in ancient days
  • People in Bible Times - Articles offer close-up looks at amazing people of the Bible
  • Let’s Live It! - Hands-on activities help you apply biblical truths to your life
  • Did You Know? - Interesting facts help you understand God's Word
  • Words to Treasure - Great verses to memorize
  • Twenty special pages - Games and other Bible fun, all with a jungle safari theme
  • Book introductions, a dictionary, and color maps
  • Includes the New International Reader’s Version (NIrV) that is perfect for children learning to read and explore the Bible for the first time on their own.
For games and activities, visit www.AdventureBible.com.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <http://booklookbloggers.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...