Welcome to My Life

Hi ya'll, thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy reading my posts about my life, reviews of books, and whatever comes to mind. Please look around and let me know that you've been here. Enjoy!

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Brave Mom- Facing and Overcoming Your Real Mom Fears- Review





I have to say, I loved the title of this book. I know that I struggle daily with being a mom. So I thought that this title was a great way of saying what I want to be. I think it does take a big dose of bravery to be a mom.

Sherry Surratt is the CEO of MOPS International, so you know that she has lots of experience with kids and their moms and the fears that we all have had. She uses the experiences that she has had with her own children on her way to being a brave mom.  I love how right off the bat she tells a story about how she was walking and tripped over air and fell and her purse exploded all over the place. How many times have I done that and felt like a fool, But it's ok because we all do it.

Topics in the book include: The Truth About Fear; Are My Fears Reasonable?; Will Having a Baby Change My Life Forever? and Facing Your Emotional Monsters. Those chapters were the ones that really hit home with me.

At the end of each chapter there are "Let's Get Practical" questions to review what you've read and dig deeper into the topic along with a "Let's Take Action" to help you on your way to become brave. My favorite one from Chapter 3 about choosing a Bible verse or truth that can help you focus on positive thoughts, she used Philippians 4:8. Mine would be Romans 5:3-5.




Book Description

In Brave Mom, Sherry Surratt, president and CEO of MOPS International, shares honestly and openly about the fears every mom struggles with. From worry about your child’s safety and health to wondering if you are a good parent, to fears about your marriage and loss of self-identity, Sherry comes alongside every mom with practical, real, and hopeful help for these common fears that we’re all afraid to talk about.
The 10 most common mom fears are each covered in their own easy to read chapter, made up of stories of real moms and the help and answers they found. Filled with advice and insight from Sherry and the hope and grace found in God’s wisdom, Brave Mom gives moms everything they need to leave fear behind and live the admittedly messy life of parenting with confidence and joy. Each chapter also contains a prayer for moms to help them turn their fears over to God’s protection and care.
As the mom experts, MOPS provide moms around the country a connection to other moms, practical help to move ahead, and the warmth and grace of God’s love.
About the Author
As the CEO at MOPS International, Sherry Surratt is excited to work with dedicated folks who trade their lives daily to invest in moms and families. She is passionate about helping women step into their influence and change the world, whether it’s in the office or in the incredibly important role of mom to their kids. Sherry lives in Denver with the love of her life, Geoff, and has two wonderful kids, Michael and Brittainy, beautiful daughter-in-law Hilary, and her two gorgeous grandchildren.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <http://booklookbloggers.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...