Welcome to My Life

Hi ya'll, thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy reading my posts about my life, reviews of books, and whatever comes to mind. Please look around and let me know that you've been here. Enjoy!

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Change? Not a fan of it. Review of Girl Meets Change, Truths to carry you through life's transitions by Kristen Strong.

Kristen Strong, a Military spouse who's been through just enough change to make a person crazy, has a new book (baby as she calls it) called Girl Meets Change. And I think it's totally fantastic. If you have ever had to experience change in any way, this would be a great book for you to read.

I love Kristin's raw honesty about how change can affect our lives. she writes to the reader as a girlfriend who is there for you helping you get through those twists and turns that life throws. she roots her points in Scripture in such a powerful way that really brings you to the chance to really see God in the midst of all the mess that comes with change and with life.

I've been through a lot of change in my life; moves, new family members, mother moving in, etc. Change doesn't get easy, but you can get through it. Kristen offers great support and tells her story well. She uses many stories from the Bible about people who went though changes, like Abraham, Joseph, the Isralities, and many more. 

A story that really hit with me was about Kristen's daughter and the change that she had to deal with when she wasn't able to continue something that she really enjoyed. How strong her daughter showed herself to be is such an inspiration to anyone dealing with change. 

I received a copy of this book for free from the publisher for my personal opinion. My opinion is my own. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...