It's been awhile since I've done a personal update. I had tried to switch to another blogging platform, but it's still a work in progress. Let me just tell you that this year has not started out the way I thought it was going to....
First off, on January 6, I was diagnosed as a diabetic. It's still a shock some days to me. I am learning what to do, how to eat, and all of that stuff, but so far it's been through the internet and social media. And it's hard. My doctor wasn't much help, she prescribed me some meds, put in for me to get a monitor to check my blood sugar levels, which she told me to check twice a week, and that she'd see me in 3 months. I was floored. I really felt, (and still do) that this might not all be right. I'm don't know if I'm prediabetic or full on diabetic. When I test my blood sugar levels, they are in what is considered 'normal' range by some. So who knows. I have been making my diet over, I've even lost 18 pounds since December 2, when I started a new program at the YMCA. I was shocked that I lost any weight over the holidays, but yay I lost 8 pounds at that point.
Trying to figure out what is the right way to eat, what things I can and can't eat, how much to exercise and all of that is a struggle. Food has always been a comfort to me, which of course is what got me here. (Plus a family history of diabetes, and having gestational diabetes with both the kids). I'm hoping that once I go back to the doctor, my tests will be better and that medication will not have to be an option, that diet and exercise will.
If you've know me for any amount of time over the last 3 years or so, then you would know about all of our house problems. We had hoped with our new house that we would not have as many, but alas that is not the case.We had some bad rain here over the weekend, along with the snow, and on Saturday morning I woke up to wet spots on the ceiling in our living room. We had our home warranty company send out someone to come and see if it was a roof problem, which it seems it could be, He pointed out several problems, stating that pretty much the whole back roof over our living area, which isn't too large, would need to be replaced. Lovely, right? So we are now waiting to hear back if our home warranty will cover it or what we will have to do. Water must love to mess with our lives no matter where we are. Joy
Well I think that I may have just totally depressed you. If I did I'm sorry. Just wanted to put an update out there of sorts. There have been a lot of changes over the last year, and there will hopefully be more posts coming with all those details (like my mom coming to live with us :)!). Anyway thanks for reading, and Happy almost end of January.
No comments:
Post a Comment