Usually for an entire area to be shut down back home you have to have several feet of snow. Not so much the case here in Hampton Roads. Most places around here got between 5 and 9 inches of snow, but because this area really doesn't see too much snow, they are not really equiped to handle it. Plus drivers here are not the greatest on normal dry days, throw in some wet stuff and they get worse. Like this morning, hubs had to go to work. Not everyone did since it base is closed, but he did due to having duty today (which duty for us is he stays over nite on the boat and has watches and what not, no big deal most of the time, just get bored on those days lol). So as he was almost to work some wonderful hot shot driver comes flying around and spins out and almost hits him, but hits the wall instead. Geeze that's why its called BLACK ICE, you can't see it. Seemed to be a common occurance around the area here this morning too. Oh well guess you'll have that. I'm just glad he got there safely. Just sucks because I would like to go out and get out of the house I've been sitting in since Saturday, but alas no car and pretty much everything is still closed. Our road out in front of the house is still covered with snow and packed down. Man these were the times I wish I was back home lol.
But my goals for today are to work out (which I've already gotten most of done), finish laundry, clean bedroom and do dishes. Not sure what I'll be having for dinner, but something yummy I'm sure. Here's to hoping that I get a nap in also, since D didn't sleep to well last nite poor guy.
No comments:
Post a Comment