Welcome to My Life

Hi ya'll, thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy reading my posts about my life, reviews of books, and whatever comes to mind. Please look around and let me know that you've been here. Enjoy!

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Knight Life giveaway

 I love comics, my favorite of all time is of course Peanuts, but this book of 'funnies' is pretty cool too.
THE KNIGHT LIFE
By Keith Knight


The Knight Life is a hilariously twisted view of life through the eyes and pen of its creator, community-oriented urban hipster and award-winning cartoonist Keith Knight. The Knight Life deftly blends political insight and neurotic humor in a uniquely fluid and dynamic style, offering a comic strip that's fresh, sharp, topical and funny. Designed for daily newspapers, The Knight Life follows Knight's long-running, 2007 Harvey Award-winning weekly comic strip "The K Chronicles," which appears on salon.com.

An unabashedly provocative political and social satire, The Knight Life tackles contemporary issues like consumer culture, bacon, the media, race, family and everything else, gently mocking the minutiae of daily life with self-deprecating humor, honesty and goofiness-a combination that's perfect for the comics. And The Knight Life's energetic style reminds readers that comics can look funny as well as read funny. The result is accessible yet edgy, compassionate and political-and never preachy. Cartoonist and comic historian R.C. Harvey said, "The Knight Life is undeniably the best new laugh- and thought-provoker on the comics page. Not since Calvin and Hobbes has there been so novel an entertainment in the funnies."
Want to win your own copy? I can give away 2 copies of The Knight Life. So make your comments if you want to win.


Main Entry: What's your favorite Comic/Funnies?

Extra Entries:
1. Follow me on Twitter
2. Follow my blog over on the left hand side by Google Friend Connect
3. Fan my Facebook page
4. Tweet about my giveaway and let me know you did.
5. Follow my blog on Network Blogs on the left hand side.

Giveaway will end June 30th. Only residents of the U.S. or Canada are eligible to win and No P.O. Boxes, please, per the publisher. 

8 comments:

Mellisa said...

Hi! I found you on The Product Review Place and I am now your newest follower! I hope you will stop by my site and follow me too!

Thanks, Mellisa
www.funsavingmoney.net

Milena Barrett said...

You got it- my favorite is Calvin and Hobbes. I also like Dilbert

Milena Barrett said...

I'm a follower on Google

Milena Barrett said...

Fan you on facebook

Milena Barrett said...

following you on Networked blogs

malinda said...

follower..

malinda said...

Garfield true and true

malinda said...

Google

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...