Welcome to My Life

Hi ya'll, thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy reading my posts about my life, reviews of books, and whatever comes to mind. Please look around and let me know that you've been here. Enjoy!

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

SparkPeople and a giveaway

Are you searching for ways to lose weight, or get healthy? I know I've been dealing with weight issues for a while now and have searched out many ways to help me to lose my weight. There are so many different programs/diets/products/etc out there that claim to help and this, that and the other that it can be hard to figure out what is best for you. And a lot of programs cost money too, which if you are like me, money is something that you don't want to waste on something that is a fad/may not work/that you lose interest in/etc. So when I came across SparkPeople a few years ago and learned that it was free I was very excited. I signed up, but got busy and just didn't focus on my weight loss goals, but when I started having health problems and thought that losing some weight would be beneficial, I started to look at SparkPeople again.

They have so many options to help you with any goals that you might have, if it be to lose weight, improve fitness levels, or learn about eating better, there is something on the site for you. They have a food tracker that you can search for tons of different foods and find what it is that you ate and get the nutritional information for it and track your food for the day. There is also a fitness log that you can search your activity and get an idea of how many calories you burned. There are Spark Teams that you can join so you can make buddies and lose weight with people who have similar interests as you. You can even run reports to see your progress.

There are many things that make the site enjoyable. You can earn SparkPoints and earn trophies for your Spark Page that help keep you motivated. There is a Login wheel that you can spin every day to earn extra points, Spark Goodies points (which can be used to buy 'gifts' for your SparkPage or for your friend's Spark Pages), or even earn gift certificates for the Spark Store, which carries SparkPeople products such as tee shirts, fitness equipment, stickers, workout videos and more. Speaking of workout videos, SparkPeople even has a YouTube channel that you can watch workout videos that range from short 3-5 minute videos to 10 or 15 minute videos. ( I use my Wii to watch YouTube videos on my TV.)

But don't take my word for it, Go over to SparkPeople.com and check it out for yourself. There is a site called BabyFit to help you if you're pregnant with maintaining a healthy lifestyle, and so much. The creator of SparkPeople even wrote a book, The Spark, to explain how SparkPeople works and how to work towards your goals, which was on the best seller list too.

I have a $10 Gift Certificate to the Spark People store up for grabs, that I won one day during my daily wheel spin and would love to offer it to one of my readers. Just post your entry comments below and I'll pick a winner on June 5th (its a short giveaway since the certificate is good until June 20), so get your entries in by midnite June 4th.

Main Entry: Tell me one of your fitness/weight loss/healthy living goals. My goal is to work in fitness every day of some type, which isn't really hard when some studies have shown that just 10 minutes a day is something, and there are plenty of 10 min videos on Spark People to help you.

Extra Entries:
1. Follow me on Twitter
2. Follow my blog over on the left hand side by Google Friend Connect
3. Fan my Facebook page
4. Tweet about my giveaway and let me know you did.
5. Follow my blog on Network Blogs on the left hand side.

I was not paid to promote SparkPeople, I just love the site and hope that others that need to lose some weight find it helpful. I also was not given the gift certificate to provide as a giveaway, I won it during my daily Spark Points spin and do not have any need for it since I have plenty of fitness stuff at my house (and hubs says I can't get anymore until I use what I've got LOL). 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

My fitness goal is to lose another 25lbs.

Unknown said...

I follow you on twitter

Unknown said...

I follow your blog with google friend connect

Unknown said...

I fanned your facebook page

Unknown said...

I follow your blog on network blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...