Welcome to My Life

Hi ya'll, thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy reading my posts about my life, reviews of books, and whatever comes to mind. Please look around and let me know that you've been here. Enjoy!

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Mamavation Monday Post 7-5

Well I've been MIA for a few weeks, had to go home for a week due a death in the family, which turned into our family reunion of sorts, since my dad came up from Texas and all. So Baby D and I did the drive all by ourselves, and then came home to spend a few days with hubs before he left for an undetermined amount of time. So its been crazy and out of control around here.

I gained while I was home, of course that was a given. I knew I should have been better, but the darn comfort foods that I only get every once in a blue moon called to me, and of course not being able to cook my own meals anywhere wasn't a help either, we ate out every meal pretty much. One of the reasons I don't particularly like going home. I'm sure if I wasn't trying to fit everyone I want/need to see into our short trips I could make more of an effort to cook, but I do the best I can with the choices that I can make when we eat out. I know the pizza was very bad, but so much stress just couldn't keep me away. I'm glad to be home so I can eat the way I want to.

My goals for this week are to get back on schedule, I've lost the weight that I put on while home thankfully, so now to get back on track and get under 190. It's been nicer this week around here, not horribly hot, but I have been having leg pain so that hasn't helped. But I'm hoping for a better week. Going to be baking chicken and saving it for leftovers so that I don't have to cook every day, which will be nice, and hoping to fit in more fruits and veggies, once I get to the store. I picked up a few things today, but it's pay day weekend and a holiday weekend so yea I wasn't going to stay around and fight all that.

The finalists for our next Mamavation Mom will be announced this week. I've been horrible and haven't really be around much, but I"m excited to see who the finalists are so I can start voting. The Twitter party for the Moms will be on the 12th of July from 8 to 10, with @ResourcefulMom aka Amy helping out. Our Sista of the week is @MMScarlett, congrats girl. Our sponsor for this week is @BSkinz. BSkinz is a fitness line for women full of patterned and colorful compression wear. BSkinz products look pretty cool, I'd like to win the GC, but hey we'll see.


I hope that everyone has a great 4th of July and has a great week.

22 comments:

Trish said...

I know you can do it...we all have set backs..I think I am Queen of them, but the important thing is you are getting back up there and working it!

Jess said...

i am sry for the death in your family. I do know you will get back on track.... I mean you have already lost what you put on... woot!!!
(all_about_savin)

Anonymous said...

Way to get back on track after such a stressful time. It's amazing how a small break in routine can throw us off but you're right back where you want to be so way to go! :)

Have a great week!
Steph (@stephhamm154)

jennydecki said...

I'm sorry for your loss and think it's amazing that you're getting yourself back on track!

lovelyritaann said...

I'm sorry about your loss. Those are hard times to go through and comfort food usually helps (a very little).

Congrats on losing what you put on already! That's a plus!

Chat soon ~ @lovelyritaann

Alaina Frederick of Dinker and Giggles said...

You know what Leah says - today is today and tomorrow is fresh with no mistakes!

Your week was a bad one - emotionally and physically but this week you can take that anger for yourself and power it out.

Personally, I think it's okay to have a bad week. We are all going to slip and fall - it's what we do after that that counts!

Good luck this week!!!

@AlainaFrederick

Rachel @RunningRachel said...

Hi there. We all have our highs and lows during this journey. The important part is is realizing that we need to keep riding the ride. :) Have a great week!

Momma On The Run said...

So sorry for your loss. Good luck on getting back on track we are all here for you. You can do this!!

Lisa Johnston said...

OH sweetie, I'm so sorry for your loss. It's such a hard time anyway, and stress eating can get you!

I'm so glad you decided to tell everyone about you week, because that's the first step in jumping back on the wagon.

Hugs mama!!! <3

~Lori~ said...

Im so sorry for your loss!

I am glad to see you are back and ready to hit this week head on!

The Maniacal Matron - @MMScarlett said...

a loss is something that makes everything go haywire!

Glad to see you are back on track. It takes a bit to get into the swing of things again. You can do it!

The Maniacal Matron - @MMScarlett said...

a loss is something that makes everything go haywire!

Glad to see you are back on track. It takes a bit to get into the swing of things again. You can do it!

Anonymous said...

So sorry for your loss, but commend you for getting back on track so quickly!

Keep up the good work!

Shanaka @ Mama Bee Does said...

Im sorry for your loss. Good for you for getting back on track. None of us are perfect and dealing with setbacks is part of the journey for us all. You're not alone. We are all here for you. You'll get under 190 before you know it. I believe in you =)

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for you loss. Life happens, so it's good to see you back!

bookieboo said...

This weight gaining thing has happened to me several times in my weight losing time. Just start fresh today and stop looking back. That is all you can do to keep moving forward. Sorry about the death in the family. That gets me every time. XXOO

Rachel said...

I'm so sorry about your family loss. {{hugs}} It's definitely understandable, with the travelling and stress, to have a gain . . .but, great job on already losing that weight! You'll be under 190 in no time!

Anonymous said...

you are doing great and i am ssooooo sorry about the death in the family!

Unknown said...

Sorry about the loss of a family member! Everyone slips up, its a new week so just focus on getting back on track. That is my goal as well. I've been out of the loop for some time!

Pamela M. Kramer - A Renaissance Woman said...

Our prayers are with you and your family! Can I give a WHOOT to Texas! I'm not biased or anything. lol - Good luck on your goals this week.

Alison said...

I am so sorry for your family's lose! But yay for losing all of the weight that you put on already!

kia said...

I'd like to offer my condolences. You are doing a great job in the middle of those circumstances, keep the focus.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...