Welcome to My Life

Hi ya'll, thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy reading my posts about my life, reviews of books, and whatever comes to mind. Please look around and let me know that you've been here. Enjoy!

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Mamavation Monday 8/23

Well it's been a minute since I posted. Tons and Tons and tons have been going on, but it's no excuse to take one day out of the week to let my Sistas know whats what around here. I've been walking more with a group of my friends. It's great to have them to talk to so that the time flies by, but when I've tried to walk around the park more than once I become ill. Like knocked off your ass, can't get off the couch, nauseated, world spinning and I wanna get off at the next stop ill. And it happened twice (two monday in a row when I walked around twice). There could be several reasons as to why this happened: not eating enough before and after, not eating the right stuff, not drinking enough water, and the biggest reason I think is the heat. It's just too dang hot. But I'm not giving up. (I think that it could also be the medication that I was put on recently for depression, and I'm in the process of changing my doctor, which if you know anything about how military things work will understand this can take awhile.) And I know that my Sistas and my friends will be supportive.

I've also not been around because my computer has kicked the bucket again. We aren't sure what has brought about its demise this time, but it is currently in the hands of someone who might be able to fix it, but IDK. And the Tweet Deck on my Ipod Touch isn't working so it's been hard, but I'm trying. I miss keeping up with everyone and sharing and supporting. Seems like when it rains it pours.

I can't believe how fast this campaign for our moms has gone by. Congrats to them for the work that they have been doing, such a great job. And soon enough will be the application process again. I hope that we get a lot of moms to submit their applications, I will not be until I get fixed up for good.

The blogging carnival is sponsored by Earth Footwear, who has been an amazing sponsor of Mamavation. They really do love our Mamavation sistas and moms. Make sure you check them out here, or on Twitter or Facebook. I do not own a pair, but would love to, as I've heard so much good about them.

I hope that everyone has a great week. I hope to have my computer back soon so that I can keep up with everyone and I hope that our moms keep up the good work that they have done.

22 comments:

Roxy said...

Have you tried the Leslie Sansone Walk @ Home videos? They're great! You can do it where it's not 100+ degrees outside. LOL. Well, I don't know how hot it is where you are, but it's been between the 80's and 100's here.

Computer issues are lame. :( I hope you can get everything situated soon!

Kimberly @shrinkingkimberwls said...

I agree with Roxy! Leslie Sansone is awesome! Back in 2007, I lost 50 lbs with the help of her videos! Stay active and stay on the wagon! We're here for ya!

The Maniacal Matron - @MMScarlett said...

I have refused to walk outside this summer. Too hot. I walk around my house to my Walk & Tone mp3! Works out for me...

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Sounds like a rough time :(

Hope you have a great week.

~Lori~ said...

I feel you on the computer issues. I had to go get a new laptop cause mine kicked the bucket.

Glad to see you back posting! Cant wait to see how you do this week!

Shawnee said...

Hi Katie -- first time I've been to your blog, but I know I'll be back. Glad that you're in Mamavation; it's a great place to get fit! Hope you feel so much better very soon.

Momma On The Run said...

Sorry to hear about your computer! Glad your back. Hope the computer gets fixed and we see more of you around! :)

gretablau said...

Katie - be really careful in the heat and make sure you drink a lot!!

Rachel @RunningRachel said...

Oh boo on computer issues! I SO know how that is (My computer fizzled out on me a few weeks ago!) It is amazing how dependent we *I* have become on computers!! :)

Hope you have a great week!!

HUGS

Rachel

kia said...

Katie it is great to get an update from you. With food, water, and heat it is easy to figure out why you feel ill after all that walking... but with meds it is a lot harder. I hope things work out with the doc, your prescription, and you feeling better soon. Boo hiss stupid computer issues! I am just happy to see an update, have an awesome week.

Laura said...

I hate the summer heat! I am so ready for fall!

Wishing you good luck this week!!!

@SeeLauraRun

Ivette said...

I agree that the Leslie Sansone DVD's are great, and so is her kick boxing one to "mix" it up!

Sorry about the computer issues, that bites.

Keep up the great work though!

Marie said...

I agree about the heat. It could be why you feel sick. You can still drink lots of water, but heat is heat and we all react differently to it. Becareful and check out the videos the other ladies have mentioned to use during those really hot days.

danielle said...

Sorry you haven't been feeling well. I think anti-depressants are the worst about making you dizzy! But, a lot of it could be the heat too. It's super hot here in OK too, and I don't get much exercise in for that very reason.

Colleen said...

I would definitely try just doing some inside workouts, and staying hydrated this week to see if you still are getting sick...new meds can definitely do some crazy things to your body. My stepdaughter was taking some anti anxiety meds and they made her shake so bad she couldnt even eat anything for a while unless it was finger foods.

Joanna said...

Ouch, that doesn't sound like a good reaction to the walking! I know how those depression meds can be, and sometimes it takes a while (or forever, depending on your doc!), to finally get a good fit. Good luck changing your doc, I know that can be super stressful. Keep up the good work! :-)

Steph-Fit Mom in Training said...

Aw sorry that it's been a rough couple of week for you. I hope you can figure out the meds and why you've been getting sick on your walks. Be really careful with the heat and be sure to drink lots and lots of water when you're out walking in it.
Hugs! Hope this week is better for you.

Unknown said...

Katie, I'm so glad to read your update! I hate it that it might be the meds making you sick like that. Make sure you're staying hydrated and eating well to rule out those possibilities. Hopefully the doc situation will get straightened out soon.

So glad you're back!! i've missed ya!

Anonymous said...

Ugh, computer issues stink!!! Hopefully who ever is fixing it can make it work again!

I hope your new PCM is awesome and the change happens quickly(We are AF).

Good luck this week!!

Resa said...

I'm sorry to hear you were sick! Seems like a lot of people are in the same boat, but I hope you'll have a happy & speedy recovery.

Also, try out the Twitter app. It seems to be pretty reliable for iPhone and I'd imagine it would be just as good for iPod Touch.

bookieboo said...

I know this campaign has gone by really quickly. I think the quickest one yet. Just so much going on.

About the heat. I know it sucks. I struggle with it because I faint very easily. But the one thing I have noticed is the fitter I become, the better I'm able to handle the heat.

Anonymous said...

my friend is a airforce wife in georgia and shes been walking her daughter to and from school in the heat ( although its lost her 6 lbs she hates the heat).

maybe you should try walking in the early morning or evening when the sun is not as hot. Or go to the local school and walk the halls thats what the local hs here allows in the afternoon.

GAFlyGirl said...

I know what u mean. I walked last tuesday and got so sick same night, I was sick for a week- sore throat, ear pain, drainage, nausea, body aches.. it may have been allergies for me, or even a ear infection. dissapeared monday. walked a bunch today.. first time since getting sick.. will see if I get sick again.
hope you are feeling better now! Keep smiling! I also use my wii fit.. that helps when we can't get out doors.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...