Welcome to My Life

Hi ya'll, thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy reading my posts about my life, reviews of books, and whatever comes to mind. Please look around and let me know that you've been here. Enjoy!

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Review of This is Your Brain in Love


This is Your Brain in Love by Dr. Earl Henslin

This book is a totally different way at looking at how we love others, and what kind of lover we are. Using a brain tests and research (SPECT brain-scan research by Dr. Daniel G. Amen), Dr. Henslin gives a different take on how our brain reacts to being in love, being compared to what it might be like to be on drugs. There are tests included in the book so that you can figure out if you a Scattered Lover, an Over-focused Lover, Blue Mood Lover, Agitated Lover, or Anxious Lover. Dr. Henslin even offers ways to help you to try and learn better ways to deal with whatever type of lover you are and resources to improve your marriage and love life.

One of my favorite parts of book is a story about a daughter and mother who were having issues since the husband had passed away and the mother remarried. The way the mother had described why she had remarried “God designed us to couple. We are here to couple and partner on this earth.” I love this description because it is how I feel about the relationship between a man and women. I also love the theory of soul care. “To care for my own soul means to take responsibility for all of who I am.” How awesome is that.

I really enjoyed the new take on looking at how our brain helps us to understand loving others. Being from a psychology background helped to enjoy the book all the more, and with my re-dedication to my Christian beliefs, I plan to use the book long term to help grow and strengthen my marriage.

BookSneeze® has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book for me to review.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...