Lately I've been trying to deal with my
past. Not something that is easy for me because I have chosen to
block a large bit out. But while I was doing a study at church, it
brought up some issues that I really should deal with. A big thing
was with forgiveness. I have been one to hold a grudge, who hasn't
really. But that is not a way to live, it tears at you and leaves you
broken. So in my process of trying to forgive some people in my past,
I figured I also better ask for forgiveness from someone I had hurt
in the past. It's not something I took lightly or easily, but I
finally did it the best that I could. And as far as I can tell it was
welcomed. I didn't realize that the events that had let up to that
had been hiding away in my heart and just waiting till I was ready.
It took a long time and I'm still trying to process it all. I'm
hoping that by asking for forgiveness, maybe I'll be able to finally
forgive. But how can you forgive many, many, many years of pain,
suffering, abuse, etc? I guess that will be something I will learn
here soon hopefully. And it's awesome that the next sermon series at
church is about forgiveness. Man, God is really speaking to me right
now through my presence at church, and I tell you what, it feels
great. I have spent some many years suffering from depression (among
other things), but by letting God back into my life I have found some
happiness that I haven't had in a long time. God has been helping me
through this deployment, and missing hubs and the trying times with
D. And I don't think I would be doing as well if I didn't have the
friends that I have, the activities that I have, the communicate that
we have this deployment (which is still hard to get use to) and God
to guide me through.
No comments:
Post a Comment