In spite of all the crazy crap that has been going on in our lives, we welcome Baby A to the world on April 21. I went in to Labor and delivery because she wasn't moving a lot and I was worried, since it seemed like at every NST (non-stress test) I went to the nurse said that if I felt a decrease in movement to come in, so Hubs and I did. She was fine and I was fine, but since I was already 39 weeks and was going to be induced in a few days anyway because of gestational diabetes, I was admitted and they started the induction process. I was given pitocin to start my contractions and they got to have an epidural. Things were going fine until my epidural came out and things went down hill for me pain wise. Needless to say there was lots of screaming and yelling, but I got my epidural fixed and then not before too much longer and after 9 pushes, Miss Amelia Arabelle arrived at 0650. She weighed a whopping 8 lbs 9 oz (D was 7lbs 7oz born at 0646) and 20 inches (so was D). She had a full head of dark hair, just like me when I was born, and had a lot of similar features to D. Hubs was concerned that she didn't look like him, but she looks like Big Bro so yea she's ours. She is wonderful and great and we love her so much. We wish we could have taken her home to her own room, but we are making due for the time being. Hopefully she'll have a home to go to at some point.







No comments:
Post a Comment