Welcome to My Life

Hi ya'll, thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy reading my posts about my life, reviews of books, and whatever comes to mind. Please look around and let me know that you've been here. Enjoy!

Thursday, November 21, 2013

The Real Me- A confident heart post

Well as I read through A Confident Heart by Renee Swope, I've been learning to deal with doubt. And boy, do I have a lot of doubt to deal with. This week we are going through Chapter 8, When Doubt Whispers, "I Don't Have Anything Special to Offer.", which includes figuring out your personality type and Spiritual gifts. I have so many times in my life where I feel like I don't have anything to offer when I see what others around me and what they can do. I am still new on my journey (or at least I still feel that way), so I'm bound to have these feelings, right?

I have taken a couple of Spiritual Gift assessments before. My top one always seems to come out mercy/compassion. Which I guess is a good thing since I have a degree in psychology and love helping people. But some times I don't feel like I'm helping people all that much or all that well. Then out of the blue, someone will tell me how wonderful I was the day that we had a chat, or a phone call etc. Just a simple little conversation has been said to help a few people in my life, even though I didn't think I said/did anything profound. Amazing how God works in ways that we don't even know.

This time I took the test, I had 3 different things tied for my 2nd top gift, which I think in the past has only be one thing (I'm searching for my test lol). Helps/Serving/Minstering, Teaching and Wisdom all came in second (score of 12). I guess the helps/serving one could fall right along with mercy because both are important to each other. But the teaching and wisdom ones kind of surprised me. As I was going through the test this time, I could tell that some of my answers had changed from a previous test. I guess now that I'm on my spiritual journey more and trying to grow more in my faith and closer to God, that my gifts would also grow and change more. I still have soooooo much further to go in my faith, but that's ok, I know God gives me grace as I travel towards Him instead of away from Him.

Do I know the "REAL ME" after this test? No, well maybe a little bit more, but I still am unsure of who I might be, but I know a little better now about what I have to offer to others. I still have a lot of work to do, I was coming from a dark place 7 years ago, and have had some amazing and wonderful things happen over the last few years, and I'm a changed (and for the better) person, who is learning to know God (or at least wants to know Him) and to work towards sharing my faith and my gifts with others. Hopefully by the end of this study, I will have the confident heart that I am trying to seek and will be able to share better with others.

Thanks for reading :)

3 comments:

Charlotte Oliver said...

I am confident in that too. I look forward to seeing those gifts and abilities illuminated even more than they already are.

Charlotte P31 OBS Leader

Ruth L. Snyder said...

Katie, Thanks for sharing. It's obvious that you have a love for God and for people. Keep using the opportunities God presents to you and He'll show you the next step.

Jennifer said...

Love how you shared how it appears your gifts and talents are growing and changing! That is so true, and it is a good thing. Preparing you for whatever it is God has for you to bring Him glory and bring others to Him. Thank you for sharing!!

Jennifer N
OBS Core/Teaching Team

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...