Well it's the end of the year again. And
I am so happy that it is. This has been one of the roughest years I've had. I
mean I've had rough spots, but this year overall was rough. The bright spot of
the birth of Amelia (our second and hopefully last little one). So the year
wasn't a total bust I guess.
Where shall I start. The bad luck
started on New Year’s Day right after the ball dropped when we found a mouse in
our living room. So I spent the first little bit of the new year on top of a
couch afraid of the mouse (I don't like little critters). Then hubs found that
there were holes along the side of our house and that we needed to fix the
drainage in our yard because it was affecting the side of the house ( we will
probably have to do more work to the rest of the house but that will be when
hubs comes home). So after that huge mess that still isn't complete the big
problem of the year starts.
In April, a week before Amelia was born,
we had a water leak, which was caused because of pipes that had been recalled
years before because of failure problems, and that the leak had been there for a
while and there was mold. We were out of house for 7 weeks (A didn't get to
come home till she was 6 weeks old) and still had to wait another month for all
the work to be complete because the first company didn't finish (whole other
big problem, don’t wanna think about it anymore because we lost the civil case
we had against them since they didn't remove all the mold). Then more mold was
found in the wall of the nursery and that took longer and more stress. I think
my word for this year was stress.
To add to all of these, it was hubs year
to pick orders. Nothing was open for here in VA so he chose to go to school in
CA (he checked in yesterday) and will be out there until at least October. And
he spent more time gone this year that at home. Just a fact of this life, but
didn't help our lovely year.
I think that 2013 was a rough year for a
lot of people. Must be that unlucky number 13 and all. So here's to a better
2014 and that some of the problems that we had this year will be just be a bad
memory and that we won’t have as many issues this year :)
1 comment:
Hoping that your family has a much better year in 2014! Love you all!
Post a Comment