Welcome to My Life

Hi ya'll, thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy reading my posts about my life, reviews of books, and whatever comes to mind. Please look around and let me know that you've been here. Enjoy!

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Thrive- Digging Deep, Reaching Out by Mark Hall- review



I have only recently started to listen to Christian music on a regular basis, thanks to a mid-week worship service that I've been attending for the last few months. I found a band, Casting Crowns that I just love and so many of their songs just speak to my heart. Well Mark Hall, lead singer of the band has come out with a new book called Thrive, which also happens to be the name of the new album they released as well.

Just the first line of the book; "You were meant to do more than just survive" (pg 9) really hit me, as well did the rest of the book. It's broken up into two sections: Digging Deep, which deals with how to dig into your faith, and learning to go deeper with God. And the second section is called Reaching Out, which talks about how to give back to the world around us once we've gotten deeper with God. Each chapter is short and to the point with a great message and at the end is a point to remember. Mark uses so many things from his life as a pastor and singer to give life to this book. Mark is such a great story teller that I just loved the book. I also have a few favorite songs from the new album as well; such as All You Ever Wanted. That song spoke straight to my heart. If you get the chance to pick this up, it's totally worth it!


Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <http://booklookbloggers.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...