Welcome to My Life

Hi ya'll, thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy reading my posts about my life, reviews of books, and whatever comes to mind. Please look around and let me know that you've been here. Enjoy!

Saturday, February 20, 2010

My Mamavation post for the week

Are you able to focus on your goals?

I got an email from sparkpeople that asked this question. I know right now its been hard for me to focus on my goals, especially since I need to reevaluate what my goals are or what I want them to actually be. I know that I want to be in better health overall, I want to lose weight and feel better about my overall appearance but I know that my health is a big thing. I have had this phantom pain/mystery pain that I've had for awhile and no one hasn't been able to tell me yet. So I figure if I get some of this weight off. So I made my plans at the start of the year, and thought that it would be easy. I was able to do it last year and I had a part time job and tons of stuff going on but was able to get a workout in. But now, it's so hard to figure it all out. My time management has seemed to have disappeared as soon as I had my son. Having a small one (who just turned 4 months) has just totally fried my brain. But I'm learning how to work in some type of activity. 10 mins a day is easy, doing some leg exercises with the ball and some weight lifting while playing with my son. Using sparkpeople to track my minutes, which this week was not the best week, but I did get some fitness in. I really like the wii active game, it seems to help me tone my arms. I'm not a big fan of running, but its something that my husband loves to do and I would love to be able to run with him. A goal that I'm hoping to add is to at least learn how to jog and try it. I found a gazelle machine on cragislist that we went and picked up today and I can't wait to start using it at home. It's so hard to get to the gym since finding time and all is hard. But having stuff at home helps. I purchased Tracey Mallet's Sexy in 6 book, and received it today and can't wait to get through it. I also received my copy of her dvd Get Your Body back, and I can't wait to use it. I'm hoping that Monday will be a great starting time. With the stress of the upcoming whatever with the navy, it's just adding to my lack of ability focus, but I know I need to learn to refocus my goals.


My eating was much better this week. Thank goodness. I gave up candy for Lent, I LOVE candy and it will be good for me. Kept the junk away from the house, have been paying attention to serving sizes, but have not been writing them down or tracking them. I use to love to use sparkpeople to do my tracking, and just need to get back into it. But I'm proud of my choices that I making most days with my food, there are the times when I will have more than a serving, but I also realize on those days that I'm not eating as much as I should. I am adding more fruit and veggies, they are such great snacks and wonderful. I had a couple of days where I got my water in, now to get more of those days.


Goals for this week: MORE water. use my gazelle every other day to try and get use to it, and work my way through Tracey's book. I hope everyone has a great week.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you are on the right track! I love that you gave up candy for Lent. I know it might be challenging but you can do it!

Stephen and Amanda O'Dair blog said...

wwo watg go on giving up candy! That is such a hard thing to do, but look at you you are doing it! You are working on it and before you know it you will be where you want to be! I am giving you props!!!!!!!!!

Lisa Mom of 2 Boys said...

I like candy too, but never ate it that often. I wish food were my main problem, but it isn't - my problem is fitness. Sounds like you are doing pretty good though. Congrats.

Trish said...

You are definitely heading the right direction! Keep that momentum up!

Colleen said...

Trying to find time and energy with such a young one is hard, but sounds like you WILL do it! I had just heard recently that those with the more things to use to workout, keep track, or eat better are generally more likely to lose than those with little around them. So it sounds like you are doing great in that department!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that you're trying to figure ways to put in an activity, it's hard but it can be done. Wtg on eating healthier this week. Keep up the good work.

Kim said...

It sounds like you are so headed in the right direction. Good luck with the candy,it's got to be hard! You will do great this week, I can feel it!

kia said...

Have a great week Katie! Work on that water and enjoy your success vs. the candy. I hope you really take time to assess your goals and that you get healthy enough so that the phantom pain disappears.

Cherrie D. Bautista, CEC said...

Yes, it's really hard to fit in time for yourself with all the chores and the baby. When my kids were small, all the time I could get for myself I spent sleeping. That's why you're doing a great job fitting in your workouts and transitioning to a healthy lifestyle... slowly, but surely. You'll get there. Keep it up! --- @ImAHotMom at Fitness Family

Amy said...

Good Luck this week! I know it will be a great one for you. Oh I should be giving up candy, too. Anything chocolate is my downfall.

Mandy said...

You should totally talk to Trayce! She loves her gazelle! :D
You have great goals, and an action plan. I know it is hard getting into a rhythm, but you sound like you are really trying to set yourself up for a good week to come. Go mama!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...