It's a work in progress so you may have seen plenty of changes over the last bit. I'm working to make it more appealing for everyone and yet showing who I am. Hope you enjoy and come back soon.
Welcome to My Life
Hi ya'll, thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy reading my posts about my life, reviews of books, and whatever comes to mind. Please look around and let me know that you've been here. Enjoy!
Sunday, September 19, 2010
House hunting: not for the weary of heart
A few weeks ago (after the attempted break in of my SUV) we had decided that we would be moving out of this area. We don't feel comfortable here, and we want lil man to go to another school (even though that is a few years away). We had been talking about renting, but I threw out "What about buying?". Our thoughts about it had been that we really don't know how long the Navy will keep us here, and why buy something that you can't get rid of when you need to move? But it could be cheaper for us in the long run (but now I'm not thinking so). We have a great realtor, that was referred to us by friends from the ship, and he has been wonderful. We've been driving around looking for places, and even went to look at a cute little house yesterday, that would be awesome to work on, and it had a beautiful backyard and a really nice walk in closet. But it's not really in our price range, but it's in a great area and we wouldn't fear for our safety (which is something that is becoming more and more an issue). So we keep looking online and while we are out, get the info and sent it to him. He goes through his searches and sends us what he finds and we go and drive all over. At least we have till February (when our lease is up) to possibly find a place. If not, then we can rent somewhere else, but we will NOT be staying here after this. I didn't have any problems the whole time hubs was deployed, but since Jan we have had 2 break in, and one attempt (that we know of, who knows how many really).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Just an idea, if you need another Realtor to maybe help you expand your searching, let me know! I can refer you to our amazing Realtor that went so far out of his way to help us...He worked day and night to find us a place on such a short time frame.
Also, are you dead set on that side of the tunnel? I know how bad the tunnel is, but there's some nice places for sale not far from me (a couple even in my area...unsure of the price) but I feel very safe out here.
Let me know if I can help! House hunting is fun!!
Post a Comment