Welcome to My Life

Hi ya'll, thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy reading my posts about my life, reviews of books, and whatever comes to mind. Please look around and let me know that you've been here. Enjoy!

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

5 Ingredient Fix by Claire Robinson

I love to cook. I may not be the greatest at it (yet) but I do enjoy cooking and trying to find new, fun, great ideas. And since we are going to have to keep our spending under control once we move and eat at home more often than we do now (we still eat out a couple of times a week=bad for wallet). We are big fans of chicken and ground turkey.

With all that said, I received a copy of 5 Ingredient Fix by Claire Robinson to review. If you are a fan of Food Network (like I am) you will have seen her show of the same title. I love watching the Food Network because so many of the shows give me great ideas, (not that I'd be able to do some of the stuff lol).

In her book, Claire has outlined different types of foods and drinks to make by the type of meals. There are beautiful pictures of what the finished product should be (mine never turn out like that lol). And with so many different and wonderful foods that she has came up with, there should be something for every. I have not tried any yet, as we are in the process of moving, but I have my list for our house warming party, which include: Ginger and Lemon Roasted Chicken with Braised Fennel, (Whole chicken, ginger, butter, lemon and fennel are the only listed ingredients.); Santino's Creme Brulee ( I LOVE Creme Brulee and wonder if I can make some replacements with it to make it healthier but I will prolly stick to her's); Cheesy Penne (Penne, Milk, Dijon Mustard, heavy Cream, and White Cheddar Cheese yum). Also I can't wait to try the Cucumber-Watermelon margarita drink recipe. The recipes are simple and to the point and will help us when we are tight on time, and if you have young children you are always searching for ways to add more time.

So if you are looking for good food to make/try, have a limited budget like we do, and not a lot of time, Claire's book will be a good addition to your collection of cookbooks.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...