since I've been in a somewhat foul mood today. Hubs was in a car accident as his way to work today. He happened to be waiting in line to get through the gate and someone rear-ended him. Go figure. You'd think that seeing as waiting at the gate is something that most people have to do in the AM you'd think that they'd be aware, but I guess not. So Ford Ranger met GMC Yukon and lost. Hubs is ok, sore and beat up, but of after his ER trip (our 2nd trip to ER this week), but the truck is totalled. I'm glad that he's ok, I'm grateful that it was more serious and the only thing that was really damaged was the truck. But here comes the venting part.... (I'll preface this by saying this is just what we have experience over our last few years here and with our own personal experiences, that doesn't mean it's the norm or what not, just my opinion)
I don 't understand how some people have driver's licenses in this area. It's very scary to drive on any given day and there are always numerous accidents daily. Seems like every week I hear of someone I know that is involved in some time of accident. And I can't really say that it's VA drivers since I'm sure that most of them are Out of State drivers, but nonetheless there are plenty of careless drivers here. The speed limit on the Interstates is 55. If you go that you are considered to be driving like 'Grandma" and will be show how wrong you are by honking and saluting of a finger. If you don't drive at least 70 then you aren't keeping with the flow of traffic. Plenty of people I'm sure don't even know that they have these wonderfully useful things called turn signals on their cars so that they can let people know before they come into the side of them.
I use to complain back home about the driver's from Ohio. I grew up always hearing that Ohio drivers are bad and they just seemed that way. But they really weren't bad in comparison to the drivers here. I also use to complain about how crazy drivers were in CA. But in Cali, everyone was the same kind of crazy and you just had to learn how to deal with that, which wasn't too hard. But the crazy of VA isn't the same, there is no constant with the crazy, they just dont know (or care) to drive safely. I fear for my life and my son's at times. And don't get me started with the drivers here when it snows. I grew up in the mountains I know how to drive in snow, but so many people here don't know how. So needless to say I don't drive much when it snows for fear of someone hitting me.
Ok that was longer that what I planned, but I have had these thoughts running through my head since hubs called and said he was in accident. UGH. I just hope that the guy actually had insurance since now we have to figure how to replace his truck.
2 comments:
I know exactly what you mean, driving in Va makes me crazy!!! We were at a dead freaking stop when we were rear ended and my car was totaled on the interstate! It drives me crazy how people just cut you off and ride your tail end. I am still nervous driving around here. And I am from Pa, so I also know what you mean about the snow, so you aren't the only one who feels this way!
i feel the same way here in MD. if i'm doing speed limit at 55, it seems that everyone is cutting me off or tail gating me. when i'm driving too fast. i'm from hawaii and i find MD drivers(some or majority) really rude).
Post a Comment