well I used to be a lot of things (ie: skinner, tanner, more energetic, younger etc etc, I think you see where I can go from here), and organized was one of them. Now some may laugh when you see the disarray that my home is currently in, but there is a method to some of the madness, and then there is just the piles of stuff. I have wanted to have a spot just for me to relax and chill and read and spend time with God for a bit now, but I just find a place and spend my "ME time" where I can, which usually involves at least one toddler or cat coming to find me.
So as I've been reading I Used to Be So Organized by Glynnis Whitwer, I've been coming up with ways that I can make my own space and try to get rid of some of the stuff that has built up over the years (yes there is a lot of stuff that has moved cross country twice and still not seen much light of day, that needs to be fixed). I am one of the people who holds on to things for sentimental reasons, or that we may need it one day, or well we'll find a place for it. But that never happens so I need to just let go. My goal for when hubs gets home and we get rid of some of the stuff that I want to be done with is to purchase a couple of new pieces of furniture, such as this Armoire to make my own "office" and this filing cabinet to use as a nightstand (I dont use the drawers of my current one so why dont I get something that I'll use, right?)
So I would love to hear how you find ways to organize your home and keep from becoming a closet hoarder. (Yes one day I may end up that way, but I'm not in denial anymore and I admit I have issues with holding on to things :) )
No comments:
Post a Comment