Welcome to My Life

Hi ya'll, thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy reading my posts about my life, reviews of books, and whatever comes to mind. Please look around and let me know that you've been here. Enjoy!

Sunday, July 8, 2012

My Imaginary Jesus by Matt Mikalatos

I loved this book. I have been a Christian all my life, and in the last year have been actually trying to figure out what that really means. This book took me on an adventure as Matt tried to figure out who the real Jesus is. I know that I'm in the beginning stages of that search but this book helped me to think about things that I hadn't thought too much about and reinforced some of my favorite things from the New Testament. I enjoyed Matt's humor, I didn't think a book about finding Jesus would have so many quirky moments to it, but on the cover it did say something along the lines of "Think Monty Python meets C.S. Lewis...." (Relevant Magazine) Now I'm not too familiar with C.S. Lewis yet but I am with Monty Python and there is a good bit of humor throughout. I was particularly touched by the reason that he had been trying to figure out Jesus more, since my husband and I had suffered a miscarriage a few years ago and it was hard for us. But reading this helped me to understand a little better that Jesus is always there for me, even if I don't always think so.

2 comments:

Matt Mikalatos said...

Katie, thanks for the great review and I'm glad you enjoyed My Imaginary Jesus! My second book, Night of the Living Dead Christian just came out in October, you might like that, too. And when it comes to C.S. Lewis, well, it's all great by my favorites are Til We Have Faces, Perelandra and the Great Divorce!

Kathryn said...

Hey Katie,
Sounds like you have a lot of questions about living the Christian life, I would be glad to answer any questions you might have if you are not sure about things. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...