Welcome to My Life

Hi ya'll, thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy reading my posts about my life, reviews of books, and whatever comes to mind. Please look around and let me know that you've been here. Enjoy!

Sunday, October 17, 2010

mamavation monday 10/18

Wow, so we had my son's 1st bday party this weekend. I can't believe it's been a year already. But it was a good party. We had a fairly decent menu (with what we could afford) of hot dogs, chicken and pizza (yea I know not the best) and we of course had cake. I was very proud of myself with only having one piece, before I would have had many many more pieces. And there is still half a cake left in my fridge, and it's just hanging out in there. It will prolly be thrown out in the next day.

I have lost 5 lbs, but that's after gaining about 10 lbs over the last few months. UGH, that was a big let down for me ( I finally got on a scale). With the move in 2 weeks, stress is getting higher and not fun. But I'll be working my arms out to lift all those boxes. I'm so looking forward to being out of here and getting to a much safer area.

This Monday is the Mamavation Twitter Party, where we get to meet the finalists and get our new moms, how exciting. Make sure to head over to Mamavation's page and check out the info on the party and everything else Mamavation. I'm looking forward to the Twitter party.

Also a big shout out to our Sista of the week is Angela aka ninemoremonths.  Congrats!!!!

13 comments:

Lisa Johnston said...

YAY on the one piece of cake! Birthdays and holidays are always sooooo hard!!

I'm super proud of you!

Congrats on the 5lb loss, even if it's after a 10 gain. That's fabulous! :)

Best wishes wtih the move, sweetie! I know it can be stressful, but it will all be over soon!

<3

Lisa

The Maniacal Matron - @MMScarlett said...

The thought of moving makes me shudder. I will more than likely be doing it in a few months as well! :(

Hope you have a stress free move and a great week!

Steph-Fit Mom in Training said...

I have moved no less than 6 times in the past 10 years.It's such a pain in the rear. The upside was that everytime I moved, I brought less and less stuff with me because I couldn't handle packing it all up again! Good luck with the move. Don't think of the stress, think of the safer area you'll be in.

gretablau said...

It's a loss. Good for you! You're half way there!!

MM I love cake, so I know it's hard to resist. Good for you on having less than you would have in the past!!

Good luck on the move.

bookieboo said...

When I first starting losing weight, I did it with hamburger helper and hot dogs as well. We were on a MAJOR budget and I just focused on portion control for the first 6 months instead of buying fresh foods. It can be done. I think you abstaining from a second piece is something you should celebrate. Don't be down on yourself because of the menu. You had a success in that meal.

Just my two cents. XXOO

Jessica said...

One piece of cake is always a victory! And awesome for the 5lbs gone!

Anonymous said...

I am so with Leah on this one. We have to do what we have to do, and sometimes it means figuring out how to eat hot dogs and pizza. I've been there too. We all have. So CELEBRATE the way you handled it . . . which was by making a great choice within your circumstances!

And a loss is a loss is a loss. YEs, RElosses can be frustrating. But they are better than REgains.

You're doing great. Seriously.

Unknown said...

Happy birthday to your little man!! I agree with Leah. Don't beat yourself up for having a tight budget. Learn to control what you can within those confines. I think you're doing GREAT!!!

Rebecca B. said...

We had a birthday party over the weekend too, and there were several comments from family members on my choice to only have a small piece of cake and go for the sugar free, fat free frozen yogurt. But I don't care... it was good!

You're doing great! Keep it up!! Eating healthy on a budget is no easy accomplishment, so you deserve a pat on the back for even attempting it!

kia said...

Be sure to use your legs with all that lifting and have fun with it knowing the move is a great looooong strength-training workout. Glad you are back and getting back into a routine you want.

Pamela M. Kramer - A Renaissance Woman said...

Take a deep breath and get that move out of the way! Good luck next week.

Anonymous said...

great job on avoiding the cake thats some strong willpower good luck with your move hugs

lorrie
http://150by40.wordpress.com

GAFlyGirl said...

COngrats on the 5 lb weight loss! how awesome! I hate moving.. hate the word itself! Good job on having only 1 piece of cake.. I dread birthdays because I know I don't have enough discipline to stop at just one piece.. and our youngest's 3rd birthday is on halloween.. also hate halloween.. always catch myself snitching candy or my kids all voluntarily give me pieces.. but 1 good thing is after just a few pieces I feel sick.. LOL so atleast that stops me there! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...