Welcome to My Life

Hi ya'll, thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy reading my posts about my life, reviews of books, and whatever comes to mind. Please look around and let me know that you've been here. Enjoy!

Monday, November 22, 2010

Mamavation Monday 11/22

Wow I can't believe that Thanksgiving is just a few days away. We are going to be hosting it here in our new house so I've very excited. Plus that lets me be in control of what I'm making so I know to a good extent what my calories are going to look like. We are having just a simple meal, turkey, stuffing, potatoes and green bean casserole. Yum. I've been getting out and walking around our new neighborhood. It's very nice. And I love that I can walk to a grocery store. It's so wonderful.

Seems like a funk has come upon me, so I gained a couple of pounds. Not what I wanted to do with Thanksgiving being this week, but it happens. I'll take it and lose it. I'm eating more at home, and not eating out so that is a great thing. But I've been snacking on bread which is not great. I bought some more veggies and fruits at this store this week to curb that snacking bug.

This weeks sponsor is Subway.  Subway is awesome, I was glad that there was a subway close to my high school. Now if there was only one within a decent walking distance for us. For my Commit to Fit challenge I want to walk/run a 5k. My current stroller is not in the best condition to walk around the store let alone try to walk a 5k, so I would love to win the prize for $100 that Subway is giving away to help someone make their Commit to Fit a possibility. What is your Commit to Fit?

A big Congrats to our Sista of the Week Heather at @Notdiyheather. She is an amazing girl and so motivating. Congrats. Until next week, get you groove one!

4 comments:

Laila @OnlyLaila said...

I hope you have a great Thanksgiving. Cooking yourself definitely allows you to control what you eat. A lot of mamavation sistas have shared healthy recipe ideas.

gretablau said...

Sounds like you're taking the ups and downs in stride! Good for you! If you want some healthy recipes, I posted on fitblogger.ca today about healthy thanksgiving alternatives.

Happy thanksgiving!

Pamela M. Kramer - A Renaissance Woman said...

That would be a great way to spend your $. Good luck! Happy holidays.

Marci said...

Thanks for following my blog. I am returning the favor!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...