We did Thanksgiving here in our new house. It was pretty nice. I cooked the meal, which had Turkey, stuffing made from my mom's recipe, green bean casserole, and pumpkin pie. I have never made a pumpkin pie before, I think I've only ever made a cherry pie once and that was years ago. But my pie was wonderful. Hubs took one of the two that I made (the can made two pies lol) to our neighbors, and she said that it was a hit at the party. They had a store bought pie and mine, and mine was gone quickly. Yay me. We had a few friends over, just a small Thanksgiving. Unlike the Thanksgiving that we had 2 years ago where we fed almost 30 people. (Not at my house, we had some friends on duty so they had food taken to them). There were so many people trying to cook in my small kitchen that day, but it was a good meal, minus my failed attempt at Boston Cream Pie. It was nice and quite this year. D had his first big meal, and he loved it. He would have tried to eat all day if he could I think the way he finished his plate. But it was nice to see that he enjoyed it. As did everyone else.
My friend who had came over wanted to go to Toys R Us for their Black Friday deals that started that night. She had never been out on Black Friday, which I did not find out till we were pulling up to TRU at 9 pm and they opened at 10. She was in shock to see the line wrapped around the building. But she was able to get the things she wanted for her daughter for Christmas. I picked up one thing for my lil guy (we are waiting till we get hubs reenlistment bonus and plan on using the Heroes at Home Sears gift card that Sears graciously offers to military families every year). She wanted to go to 3 different places in the morning so I explained that she would have to go and 'camp out' now is she wanted to get anything due to the fact that some people are serious shoppers and will get there really early to get deals. So she figured out what she really wanted and we went to Target. We finished up at TRU at almost midnight, so we drove by Target, saw the line, went back to my house and picked up a blanket and a pillow and back to Target to sleep outside. We were in and out of the store with everything that she wanted within 30 minutes. So I think she had a good Black Friday experience overall, but I think she learned that she will not be doing that again.
Overall I think Thanksgiving this year was really good. We had hubs home, we were together, even though we would have loved to have been with our family, we had some of our made family. I'm thankful for my husband and son, for my family, for my friends that are like family, and that I'm able to be here to share it with them.
1 comment:
hey i just had a question... we are waiting for our re-enlistment bonus as well, and i was just wondering how soon you got it.. was it like a payday or just a random day in your bank or what? any help would be great :) you can email me if you want. natalie.mendoza@hotmail.com
Thanks !
Post a Comment