Welcome to My Life

Hi ya'll, thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy reading my posts about my life, reviews of books, and whatever comes to mind. Please look around and let me know that you've been here. Enjoy!

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Mamavation Monday 11/29

Wow it's the last Monday of November. Which means we only have a few more Mondays till the new year. Crazy. My week this past week wasn't too bad. Our Thanksgiving meal went well. I did my best to watch what I ate and limited my dessert, but I did eat some pumpkin pie, since it was my first one that I ever made. And it was good. I've not stepped on the scale, but after this coming week I plan on it.

I've been dancing around with Just Dance 2 and Sing Star Dance game for the PS3 Move. Lots of fun and lots of sweat. I've enjoyed the Just Dance game and hopefully hubs will buy it for me for Christmas (we have it from Gamefly). I've been walking a lot more, but hoping to get more in, but now that it's getting colder outside the walks wont be as long lol. But that''s what Leslie Walk at Home is for, and I just need to get one of those for Christmas too. I really want a lot of fitness related things for Christmas. And I think for our tax check back we will be purchasing a treadmill or an eliptical. Come on tax refund.

This week on Mamavation Monday we are gonna be talking about SEX. Yep that's right. Dr. Lynn Anderson will be joining Mamavation to discuss her book, Sex Matters so…Get Sexually Healthy the Natural Way. I'm exciting about this topic, so it should be interesting to hear what Dr. Lynn has to say.

9 comments:

Lena B said...

Katie,

Sounds like a good plan. I ate some of cookies that we did as a family with my 3 yo for the first time, so I hear you on the pumpkin pie. Great job on making it through the Thanksgiving

The Maniacal Matron - @MMScarlett said...

youtube has a bunch of Leslie's vidoes. They are in parts, but if you can't purchase or get them, it's a great substitute!

Not only have I found Leslie's videos, but I've also found some TaeBo!

Have a great week

Anonymous said...

Great idea to ask for fitness related stuff for Christmas. I'm loving some of the new stuff from Bob and Jillian.

Anonymous said...

You've gotta taste the pie I think. You stayed (and from the sound of it, WILL stay) active and that's the important part!

You may already know this, but a couple extra tips on access to workout videos aside from youtube:
Netflix (I don't know if you can stream them from your computer, but the library of dvds is pretty extensive) and of course On Demand. I get tired of doing the same videos, so this helps me be able to keep things varied without spending a fortune on a ton of different videos!

MNMSpecial said...

I love the Walk Away the Pounds videos. I wish most of mine weren't in storage. Sounds like you are dancing your way to thin. I think I might have to talk my husband into getting that for me too. Great job! Congrats on the pie baking too.

Colleen said...

Its nice to have a great combo of exercise things at home to keep you so you arent bored.

~Lori~ said...

Good luck this week! You have a great plan set in place!

Anonymous said...

glad to see I'm not the only one with fitness DVDs on my Christmas List! I love doing Just Dance with the kids - it's so much fun! haven't gotten Just Dance 2 yet... **hint hint Santa**

Great job! Keep it up!

Unknown said...

I'm glad your thanksgiving went well and good luck with your workouts have an awesome week

Lorrie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...