Welcome to My Life

Hi ya'll, thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy reading my posts about my life, reviews of books, and whatever comes to mind. Please look around and let me know that you've been here. Enjoy!

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Breaking Dawn (there will be spoilers, sorry)

Well it's been a week and a half since I saw it, and I still can't get over it. What am I talking about? Well Breaking Dawn of course. The latest Twilight movie that came out on November 18th. No, I didn't go to the midnite showing, I would have if hubs had been home, but still went to the first showing of the day (that I could get into at my fave theater).

Breaking Dawn is my favorite book by far out of the series. Sure I love all the books, but for Bella and Edward to have the wedding that I dream of having one day and get everything that want and be happy in the end, well sure it's something so many gals dream of. It's a story that can make you believe in love again. (I've always said that my Edward's name is Jacob lol). But the movie made the wedding scene even better that I could imagine in my head, and I can be imaginative if I try. The honeymoon wasn't half bad either hehe. I still hold out hope that one day we'll have a wedding and a honeymoon, but I'll live through the Twilight series for now.

************************SPOILERS*********************SPOILERS************

OK on to the things about the movie that weren't like the book, yet seemed to make the movie work. In the movie, Irina actually attends the wedding, but in the book she doesn't. It's actually Tanya that spends some time talking with Bella and Edward and plays up to Bella's insecurities about her looks compared to Tanya's. But seeing as if you only watch the movies, you may not know the Irina/Laurent incident, and why they weren't helping during the Eclipse battle with the Newborn Army. So at least that part can add to help readers feel a little better about how they are tying it all together. I'll admit it, when I saw stills and trailers for the movie and saw that Irina was going to be at the wedding, I was pissed. I didn't know how it would all play out, but thankfully it fit and worked. So yay on that part.

Another thing that wasn't like the book, was that the wolves communicated in human form more than in wolf form. Well if you think about it, how on earth can you have people/wolves communicating out loud when they use their minds to do it, so it would of course make sense to have them in human form to communicate. But the one scene that the wolves were in that form and communicated was done very well. But I like Jacob as a wolf, all cute and furry, but hey beggars can't be choosers.

I wish that they would have added the part about Jacob and Edward talking about the whole puppy thing. (Letting Jake and Bella, well ya know :) ) But it all works out in the end.

One thing that I really loved was the fight scene with the wolves after the birth. I thought that really added to the story line and even though it wasn't in the book, really helped make the movie better.

And on a side note, I so called how the movie would end lol. There had been discussion between my friends and I about how it would end, and I knew it would end with her opening her eyes. Awesome.

Ok well I would love to know your thoughts on the movie. Did you enjoy it? Was it too far from the book for your liking? Have you even read the books?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you see the scene after the credits? I did not and I am so mad at myself for not sticking around till the end!

Unknown said...

I did, someone sent Paige a text and told her we needed to stay. I was beginning to wonder about that during the movie. I totally plan on seeing it again though. I will prolly have to wait till it goes to the theater on base or go during the day when it's only $5. I'm a cheapo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...