Welcome to My Life

Hi ya'll, thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy reading my posts about my life, reviews of books, and whatever comes to mind. Please look around and let me know that you've been here. Enjoy!

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Butterfly butterfly

Why, Yes I do love butterflies. But there are many reasons for that. One reason that I adore them is because of a comment that my friend had made to me a long time ago when I was in a rough relationship. She had said that I was like a butterfly that had her wings clipped. There was something about that comment that stuck with me even after all these years, but more so back then. I still had the beauty of the butterfly, but because of the relationship I was in, it was like I was being tied up and unable to do what I was meant to do. Not long after that I was finally able to see that the relationship was trying to change me in ways that weren't good, and left. I'm still grateful for that friend and her ability to open my eyes and see what was going on.

I have always seen butterflies as beautiful and strong animals. I got one of my first tattoos as a butterfly to remember my Grams. She was a strong woman who had a lot of faith in God and she was the one that I wanted to be like. I still miss her (she passed away during a really rough summer in my life) and miss her strength and love and pride that she had.

As a tattoo to symbolize my marriage to my husband, I got another butterfly and had an anchor put in the middle where the body of the butterfly is. It will always remind me that I can work hard to bring strength and love to our marriage.
For the theme for my daughter's room, I have picked butterflies and monkeys. I want her to know that she can be strong and beautiful. And that it's important to remember that being yourself and being strong for what you need and believe is important, and you should never let anyone "clip your wings".

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...