Book Description
An entertaining, practical guide for first-time mamas and those who need a baby refresher course.The new mom initiation ritual involves sleepless nights, an inexplicable obsession with baby booties, and more questions than answers. This take on everything baby offers new moms the Christian girlfriend advice she needs to feel confident in her new role, including:
- getting into the motherhood groove
- breastfeeding advice
- suggestions for losing the baby weight—before your baby is no longer a baby
- time management tips that may just help you find time to do laundry—before you run out of clean underwear
- how you can manage to be a godly mother and a good wife on less than three hours of sleep a night
I really enjoyed this book. I'm due in the next few weeks with my 2nd child, but the info in this book is really good despite that. While most of the information that Erin shares is not new to me, it's presented in a format that is easy to read and understand, especially with my brain fatigue that I'm already experiencing. I opened up the book and went right to the chapter on Breastfeeding (I wasn't able to with my first so I thought I'd read up on it hoping that we'll have success this time around) and it was great. She puts in her own personal success and offers suggestions for products that helped her and her friends. Each chapter is well written and has just the right dose of information laced with humor to give you a laugh when you have been running on less than 3 hours of sleep. I love that she also puts in a Bible verse and a prayer in each chapter related to what the topic is, I plan on writing some of those prayers out in my journal to remember if I'm having a rough time with welcoming the new little addition to our family.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <http://BookSneeze®.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

1 comment:
Hello there! I just nominated you for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! Stop by my blog at http://simplyathomemom.com/ to grab your award and find out what to do next! Congrats and Enjoy!
Post a Comment