Book Description
Read the best news the world has ever been given about the most significant life in all history—Jesus Christ. In One Perfect Life, Dr. John MacArthur shares with us the complete story of the Eternal Christ from Genesis to Revelation. Using Matthew as the base text, Dr. MacArthur blends the gospels and other biblical material about Jesus into one continuous story that will help you better understand Scripture and grow stronger in your faith. No other harmony of the Gospels includes such extensive study notes to help you unpack the meaning of each verse.
Features include:
- Verse-by-verse explanations from one of the most important pastor-teachers of our time
- Every verse connected to Christ from Genesis to Revelation
- A harmony of the Gospels that demonstrates the inerrancy of Scripture
- New King James translation
I received a copy of One Perfect Life by John MacArthur to review from Booksneeze. I love the Gospels and reading the story of Jesus, and this book that MacArthur has put together is the best of both. He uses all four gospels to tell a complete story of the life of Jesus. The book is broken down into the different parts of Jesus' life and also uses some other parts of the Bible to complete the whole story of Jesus, like Anticipating the Lord Jesus Christ and looking at verses from the Old Testament to show how He would come into the world, and ends with the reflections on the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
I love how MacArthur tells each event that happened in Jesus' life by using all the Gospels and putting them all together, so that you can see how when Matthew starts one part of the story, you can get some more information from Mark and finish up with Luke. At the bottom of each page is also commentary to help explain the verses that are being used to explain about Jesus.
This is a great reference to use when you are looking to explain and tell some of the wonders that Jesus did and to show how all of the Gospels are related, even though they are written by 4 different writers. I will be using this to help expand my knowledge of Jesus and hopefully see things that I may have missed while just reading the Gospels by themselves and not comparing them.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments:
Post a Comment