Welcome to My Life

Hi ya'll, thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy reading my posts about my life, reviews of books, and whatever comes to mind. Please look around and let me know that you've been here. Enjoy!

Thursday, May 13, 2010

101 Things I Learned in Culinary School giveaway.

I enjoyed reading through the copy of "101 Things I learned in Culinary School"  by Louis Eguaras with Matthew Frederick, that I received from Hachette Book Group.  There is a whole website about 101 Things I Learned in (fill in the blank) school located here.


Here's a quick description of the book:


Louis Eguaras, a renowned chef at the Le Cordon Bleu Program at the California School of Culinary Arts, provides readers with a terrific overview of what is truly involved in the preparation, cooking, and presentation of meals. He also provides invaluable insights into just what is involved in making this one's chosen profession.

The book will feature a wide range of illustrated lessons, from how to properly hold a knife... to the history of food... from food preparation and presentation... to restaurant hospitality and management, and much more.

The book will be presented in the distinctive and highly-attractive packaged style of 101 THINGS I LEARNED IN ARCHITECTURE SCHOOL, and will be the perfect gift for anyone who is thinking about entering culinary school, is already enrolled, or even just the casual chef.


I've been working on cooking for the last few years. More so since I got married, but it sucks when you're married to someone who's home less than half the time. So I've been trying to come up with creative meals for just me. But I love cooking for others more. There are plenty of fun little facts included in the book. Like the different types of starch in potatoes. There are starchy potatoes, medium starch potatoes and low starch potatoes. Did you know that there were that many types? And they had different cooking uses? And what about the concept that Good beef is 30 days old? Glad I'm not that big of a beef eater. There are many more fun facts and ideas about cooking that anyone would be interested in.

So I'm able to offer up 3 copies of 101 Things I Learned in Culinary School so that you can learn some interesting things about cooking, or maybe refresh things that you already knew.

Main entry:
What's one thing you love about cooking?

Extra entries (leave a comment for each one):
1. Follow me on Twitter
2. Follow my blog over on the right hand side by Google Friend Connect
3. Fan my Facebook page
4. Tweet about my giveaway and let me know you did.

Hope you enjoy the giveaway. It will run till May 21 at midnight. Good luck.

Forgot to add the couple of rules from the company
-Only residents of the U.S. or Canada are eligible to win
-No P.O. Boxes, please.


UPDATED: Winners were comments 1 Sepsi, 5 The Wifey, and 11 Mrs. JPT. Congrats to you all. 

12 comments:

Sespi said...

Oooh good giveaway! I'm a Navy wife too, and I just stumbled across your blog for the first time today... good timing on my part ;)

What I love about cooking is that you can alter things whenever you want. It's fun for me to find well known recipes and tweak them to make them my own.

Sespi said...

I'm following you on Twitter now :)

Sespi said...

... and I'm following your blog!

Anonymous said...

I love this giveaway. I LOVE being able to be creative and mess with recipes.

Anonymous said...

I follow you on Twitter. :-)

Anonymous said...

I am also a follower of your blog.

Anonymous said...

I retweeted your tweet about the giveaway.

Anonymous said...

I am also a fan of your facebook page. I never thought of making a facebook page for my blog.

BrendaLea, the Prpldy said...

Sweets! Not sure that is considered cooking, but I love to bake.

BrendaLea
prpldy (at) comcast dot net

Sespi said...

I tweeted about your giveaway too!

Mrs. JPT said...

A fellow Navy Wife here following you through Google Friend and a fan of your page on FB!

The book sounds really cool! I also just recently started having a huge fascination with cooking. What I love about cooking is it brings people together. No matter how rough someone's day may have been, when you sit down to a great meal with great people, all that worry and stress disappears for a while ::sigh:: LOL!

Kate said...

Also a fellow navy wife. I follow you on twitter, and am now a blog follower!!

I tweeted about your giveaway!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...