Welcome to My Life

Hi ya'll, thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy reading my posts about my life, reviews of books, and whatever comes to mind. Please look around and let me know that you've been here. Enjoy!

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Homeowner, yep that's me

Well if you read my Mamavation post from the 8th then you will see we moved finally. We've been in the new house for 2 weeks now. i don't know if we will ever be unpacked, but thats ok. There is still some stuff in boxes from a move or two ago. But we did get rid of some stuff finally, and there will be more to get rid of before long too.

Being a homeowner has been a crazy experience so far. We moved in and had to get both toilets fixed (the one in our master bath still needs it's new flapper which we will do tomorrow.) The fridge that we found on Craigslist for $30 didn't work (but that could be because there is a problem with a couple of outlets in the kitchen), so we didn't have a fridge for a week. That was crappy because we had to eat out A LOT. But we found a good deal on a fridge from Home Depot, and they have a stove to match which I may get during tax time. Then there was my closet. I have too many clothes apparently per hubs, but I just say that it was secured to the wall enough, but the wire shelf that was in the closet is now on the floor and has been since we moved in pretty much. But that's ok since I was going to remodel the closet anyway. We will be getting shelves to put in the pantry and now have the space where I fridge should have gone (since we didn't measure right) to make some pantry shelves too.

After all that, we had the problem with the heating. I thought that the ac unit had gone out, hubs said it might be the thermostat, so I went and purchased a programmable one (was planning on it anyway) and he replaced it. But that didn't fix it. So called in the repair guy. He couldn't fix it because it wasn't the unit. It was an electrical problem and the electric company had to come out and rewire an outside line since Verizon had grounded their line to the electric box. Big mess but we have heat again so it's all good.

All in all we're happy here. If we could  just get rid of the ant problem, which is mainly in the back bedrooms, we'd be A ok. Not having cable sucks. I thought it would be ok, but when you've gone through all the movies on Netflix that you could stand to watch, makes for no fun. Hope to post some pics soon, once I get rid of some more boxes.

3 comments:

Brie said...

Congratulations and well wishes! I can't wait to own a home, but then when I think about how nice it is to not have to replace any appliances, etc when something breaks and just pick up the phone and call a landlord/residential manager... I have second thoughts! Haha! Good luck!

Megan Marie said...

Your doing wonderful with what is being thrown your way... As for the ant issue.. *Simple Green* it's a cleaner.. my mom used it when I was a kid for a HUGE ant problem we had, and then when I discovered that I had an ant issue in my own house, I went and got some *simple green* and used it. ANTS HATE IT!!! Plus it's safe to use around kids, and animals. Ants just dont like it.. Use it where their trails are. Good luck and can't wait to see pics!

Kelly's Giveaways said...

Thank you for the follow. Following you back :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...