Welcome to My Life

Hi ya'll, thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy reading my posts about my life, reviews of books, and whatever comes to mind. Please look around and let me know that you've been here. Enjoy!

Friday, January 28, 2011

Life without cable

So since we moved into our home (our first home with a mortgage), we made a few changes so that we could pay for the essentials (food, gas, the evil utilities) like give up hubs Gamefly account, my XM radio account and cable. Cable was the hardest thing for us to do at first. I love watching Disney Channel. I am not afraid to admit it. I enjoyed watching Playhouse Disney with D in the mornings, and watching Phineas and Ferb and Wizards of Waverly Place. We are also WWE fans, and if you are a fan you know that its only on USA and SyFy and you can't find it online to watch later like most tv shows. So blah.

It was hard at first. I've always had cable and could watch whatever I wanted when ever I wanted. But we have Netflix on the game system so we had access to some things. Then I went out about bought a pair of good ole rabbit ears aka an antenna. And now we get the local channels and a PBS Kids channel. It's not that hard to live without the added $50-$70 expense, and most programs I can watch online. While I do miss the DVR, it's still ok. Only complaints about the antenna is that when the weathers bad I don't always get good reception, but ehh it's free. And I'm sure one day when money comes our way again we might get cable, but we've learned we don't need it. Now if they let us pick the 2 or 3 channels that we want we may come running back :) but I'm not counting on that one.Cable is just an added luxury that we are quite fine to live without. And that money saved can go to having fun times out or saving for a vacation or a pool (or whatever crazy thing hubs wants to put in our back yard). Plus it gives us more time to do other things, like read, spend time as a family, play games, and when it gets warmer for me to work in the garden.

Have you had to make changes to your lifestyle, such as getting rid of cable/internet? How have you coped?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...