Welcome to My Life

Hi ya'll, thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy reading my posts about my life, reviews of books, and whatever comes to mind. Please look around and let me know that you've been here. Enjoy!

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

To shop or not to shop.... there that is

We are lucky enough to live in an area where there are many different grocery stores to choose from, and to also have the option to shop at the Commissary. While I love the commissary for something, I don't for others. Mainly right now for the distance that it is from our house. It's at least 20 mins or more depending on traffic and which is still not too bad, but when gas prices are hovering around $3 a gallon, that can make you wanna cry.  So it comes down to wanting to save money on gas or save money on food. We have at least 5 different stores within a close range (Food Lion, Harris Teeter, Kroger, Farm Fresh, Walmart) so I can get some things that I use there (and some do double coupon or have kick butt sales). But what do you do? Do you drive long distances to get the better deals? Do you stay close to home so you can save gas and get some deals?

I know with me starting to coupon and watching sales and reading blogs about sales I'm able to catch some good deals. But where we hurt in the price is for produce and meat. We only buy turkey and chicken but most places close to use charge $3 and $4 for 1 lb of turkey and I can get it at the Commissary for $1.73. Sucks that hubs in not at base right now so he can make those quick trips to the commissary for me lol.

But I'd love to hear your shopping tips and ideas. I'm working on my first coupon binder, which has been a stressful experience and can't wait to show pictures of it once its completed.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...