Welcome to My Life

Hi ya'll, thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy reading my posts about my life, reviews of books, and whatever comes to mind. Please look around and let me know that you've been here. Enjoy!

Monday, January 31, 2011

Mamavation Monday 1-31 Last Monday

Wow, where did did the month go? I can't believe that it is the end of the first month of the new year! How have you been doing with your goals? Me? Well not as well as I wanted but I'm still determined. Since the 4th of Jan, I'm down 8.5 lbs. Not as much as had hoped, but I'm still proud. And it's great! I've not been able to work out as much as I would like sometimes and I'm  finding time to is hard, since lil D wants to always be up in my business.

I have put a meal plan on my computer (my dear friend Beth sent me a copy of hers and I loved it so I made my own). Now let's see how well it goes for this week. I'm working on trying a few new recipes this week. I'm looking forward to them, and I'm going to use my crock pot this week too (yay). My goal this week is to get through an actual week on the Biggest Loser Challenge Wii. I've gotten a day or two here and there, but I'm going for the whole week this time.

This weeks Mamavation TV is going to be a British Invasion as we have the wonderful Pete Cohen joining us. I love Pete. Everyone needs to learn to "Shut the duck up".  The blogging carnival is sponsored by Earth Footwear. I've heard wonderful things about them so it's always awesome that they are doing giving away some of their great products.

The question for this weeks carnival is "What does wellness mean to you?" I think for me wellness means being healthy in every aspect in your life, including fitness and diet (not that you should diet but your diet). If one part of your life ie fitness is not well then your diet may not be well and other aspects wont be in sync. It also involves taking the best care of yourself as to the best of your ability.

Well I hope that everyone has a great week. Don't forget to check out our moms.
The Los Angeles Moms are Kate (@katecoleman77) and Angela (@ninemoremonths).  The online selected moms are Kimberly (@christlikemommy) and Amanda (@beeacutie2).

6 comments:

Lena B said...

8,5 would be a major deal for me. Pe proud! I am still trying to figure BL, but getting confused. Good luck this week

Unknown said...

8.5 is awesome! I had no idea what you planned to lose but this sounds like a great number for long-term weight loss.

Andrea Kruse said...

That is a very respectable weight loss for a month! You want to keep it off permanently not just crash diet.

Awesome to bring out the crock pot. Such a great way to make a great family dinner with minimal time and effort. I hope you have a wonderful week and get your BL Challenge on!

Unknown said...

8.5 lbs gone in a month is AWESOME!! Certainly nothing to sneeze at! So proud of you, Katie. Keep up the great work!

Mrs. JPT said...

Great job on losing 8.5 lbs.! Every little bit is amazing. I use my crock-pot often. It's a wonderful tool, LOL! This Mamavation thing has great. I may have to look into it.

Unknown said...

those sound like great goals i hope you can reach those have a awesome week

http://www.bookieboo.com/profiles/blogs/mamavation-3-a-wake-up-call?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...