Welcome to My Life

Hi ya'll, thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy reading my posts about my life, reviews of books, and whatever comes to mind. Please look around and let me know that you've been here. Enjoy!

Monday, January 10, 2011

Mamavation Monday Jan 10th

Wow, so the first week of the new year. Always seems to be so hyped up. It's the "make or break you" time of year. But I think I did alright.

Got a lot of cardio in this week. I am totally loving the Biggest Loser Power Walk DVD. It's awesome and I love how I feel. Also going through the SparkPeople 28 Day bootcamp. So far so 'ok', but gonna rev it up and get it going. I bought a kettlebell the other day and hubs broke it out yesterday. We did a exercise together with it, and I'm excited to find more exercises with it. I also like the Biggest Loser Challenge for Wii, just wish that the Wiimote picked up my movements better, or that it would realize that I don't have pockets in my workout shorts (lol). Still haven't tried the 30 Day Shred DVD hubs got me for Christmas, but that is the goal this week.

I've been trying to track my food on Sparkpeople the best that I can. Some days are better that others, but at least I'm tracking the best that I can. It can only get better. I'm feel that I'm doing well with my choices of what I'm putting in (but that can only get betters as well).

My goals for this week:
Keep up with the 28 Day Bootcamp with SparkPeople
Try 30 Day Shred
Track my food at least once a day (but hopefully get every meal tracked)
Read/Finish the Spark (by the creator of SparkPeople) so that I can start another book on fitness.
Tweet with the #mamavation girls and support them.

This week is the announcement of the Mamavation Mom finalists. I'm very excited to see who is going to be selected and looking forward to another great campaign.

8 comments:

kia said...

Oh cool. I hope you are enjoying all the Spark goodness between the bootcamp, the tracking and the book. I have not read it yet (I do have a copy a friend gave me.) Please let us know how you like it. Continue to have a great week!

Marie said...

I too am struggling to track my food. I think I need to put a post it on my fridge saying "Did you track that yet?" Best Wishes for a great week!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'd really like to try that Power Walk dvd. So glad to know it gets a thumbs up!

Lena B said...

Good luck with Shred. If you need friendly motivation on it, just write to elenka29. Just finished it and will be happy to cheer you on

The Maniacal Matron - @MMScarlett said...

If you find a way to MAKE yourself food journal, please share the secret!! Are you on my sparkpeople friends list? My screenname there is MMScarlett :-)

have a great week

Andrea Kruse said...

I am new to the Kettlebells, but they sound interesting. Better than regular hand weights?

Sounds like you had a productive week. Keep it up through the next one. I will have to check out SparksPeople. I am so old fashioned and still use paper and pencil.

Cheers!

Shelley said...

Glad you are finding a way to track everything and sounds like you have a GREAT plan! So exciting! Good luck!

Unknown said...

Remember that it takes 21 days to make a habit, so keep up with food tracking! It will be worth it!

I totally want a kettlebell!!! Hubs just started working out and I'm trying to convince him to get one. Then I can use it too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...