Welcome to My Life

Hi ya'll, thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy reading my posts about my life, reviews of books, and whatever comes to mind. Please look around and let me know that you've been here. Enjoy!

Friday, March 1, 2013

Book Review- Unglued Devotional

 

Book Description

This companion devotional to the bestselling book Unglued provides encouragement to help readers handle emotional struggles. Including a daily opening Scripture, Thought for the Day, devotion, and closing prayer, this book helps readers begin a 60-day journey in learning to positively process raw emotions, such as fear, anger, and regret.


 Unglued Devotional by Lysa TerKeurst is a great resource to go along with the main book Unglued:Making Wise Choices in the Midst of Raw Emotions. I have read the main book and was excited to be offered the chance to review the devotional as well. I am a big fan of Lysa TerKeurst's writing since I read Made to Crave, and was excited to read Unglued since there are many times when I feel like I come unglued in my life with being a military wife and a mother to a preschooler and now being pregnant as well.

In her devotional, TerKerust starts every daily devotion with Scripture, followed by a thought for the day, then the body of her devotion, and she ends the devotion with a prayer. The topics for the devotions vary but go along with the topics that are discussed in the main book, but I'm sure that the devotion could be used by itself without reading the book. I found that by looking through the topics and what I was feeling that day, I could find myself in one of her devotions and it just spoke to me. Which is one of the many things that I enjoy about TerKerust's writing in general. Most of the devotions are short enough so that that you can spend less than 10 minutes with it to read it or could spend more if you like to journal and record your feelings. I really enjoyed reading the devotions and found so much peace from certain ones when I was feeling unglued.

I received a copy of Unglued Devotional from BookSneeze in return for a review of my thoughts. 

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com  book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Katie!

I nominated you for the Liebster Award.

Check it out here:
http://marriedfilingjointly.blogspot.com/2013/03/liebster-blog-award.html

Have a wonderful evening!
~Chelsea @ Married Filing Jointly

Unknown said...

Following you on Networked Blogs and GFC, I would love it if you followed me back.
Thanks
:-)

http://www.AMomsPointOfView.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...