So I figured that this is going to be the year that I learn how to really coupon and really save some money. I heard about Super Double Coupons this week at Harris Teeter, so I went and checked it out. Never really shopped there (since I thought it was a little pricey for our budget) but when they have sales you can clean up. So here's what I got for $27 (which I saved $44)
They had a special where if you bought 2 jars of Prego (45oz) then you get a box of pasta (certain kinds), a Pepsi product, Kraft grated cheese, and Texas frozen toast for free. Yay. They had pretty good specials on Special K products which I got 3 boxes of cereal for $5 and the crackers and the bars for $3. (prolly could have been better but hey it was my first time).
The last few days I've gone to 5 stores (been to HT 2 times so 6 total trips) and saved half of what I spent, which is a big deal for me, who usually only saves about 30%. Only can get better from here. I would love any tips that any one could share to get our savings to add up. Having one income can be hard, but we make it, and I'd like to get in some more savings. I've budget $400 for us (a family of 3 with a 15 month old in diapers, and a roommate for a little while), and would love to stay well below that so we can use the remaining amount of that $400 towards savings. ( I may do a break down of all my trips, but that's if I have some extra time, we have a lot going on this week and I'm well behind on posts that I wanted to get done and have to get some extra strength training in today since I've been kicking butt on cardio)
1 comment:
Way to go, girl!!! :-)
Post a Comment