Welcome to My Life

Hi ya'll, thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy reading my posts about my life, reviews of books, and whatever comes to mind. Please look around and let me know that you've been here. Enjoy!

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Mamavation Monday 1/24

Not sure what happened this week, but it came and it went. I had a doc appt where I got weighed and I was 197, which is a drop of 7 lbs since I last was weighed at the doc on the 4th of Jan. YAY. So excited to already be down 7 lbs so far this year. only 23 more to go.

Been planning out our meals for every meal, but something seems to come up a couple of times each week. Like hubs coming home early from work, or D and I have to run some errands. But hopefully this week we'll stay on track.  I've been eating a ton of veggies and fruits. I think salad is becoming an everyday meal for me, and that's ok by me. I need to make my own salad dressing so that I'm not using the really high cal/high fat ones.

This week I'm going to try to get a workout schedule set up. I was just trying to fit it in when I could, but that translated to none on some days. Not what I like. I want to feel good from sweating every day. I finished The Spark (by the creator of SparkPeople) and hope to use some of the info from that book towards my fitness plan.


Congratulations to our Mamavation Moms!  The Los Angeles Moms are Kate (@katecoleman77) and Angela (@ninemoremonths).  The online selected moms are Kimberly (@christlikemommy) and Amanda (@beeacutie2). How exciting. I can't wait to see how they all do with this campaign. I hope that everyone has a wonderful week. I'm hoping to stay up for Mamavation TV, but 10 pm is always such a bad time for me after a long day :(. But I hate missing the converstation with the Sistahood.


This week's Blogging Carnival is sponsored by FiberPlus.  

Question: How are you getting more fiber in your diet this New Year?


I've always had a problem getting enough fiber. But I've started buying foods that are high in fiber (well according to their packaging), eating more fruits high in fiber. Fiber has always been thought to taste bad, but the FiberPlus bars are good, so is the Fiber One yogurt. Now if I can just remember to eat it every day :). 

  “I’m writing this post as an entry to a blogging carnival sponsored by Fiber Plus. I will be receiving free product in return.”

10 comments:

Kimberly @shrinkingkimberwls said...

Thanks for the shout out! Good luck with your meal plans this week! I have those days as well! Hope you have a great week!

Unknown said...

My fave salad dressing is a little bit of lemon juice with a little bit of olive oil. So simple! I've definitely been eating more salad lately too.

Congrats on the 7lb loss - that's fantastic!

Daenel T. said...

Congratulations on the weight loss! Way to go. I'm with Heather ~ lemon juice with a little olive oil is nice.

Andrea Kruse said...

Congrats on the loss! Woo-hoo. You are closer to your goal and that rocks. My fave dressing is just a bit of oil and vinegar with fresh cracked black pepper. That or I use some hummus on my greens. Yum.

Have a fabulous week! You are on your way.

Lena B said...

Have a fabulous week - 7 pounds is a great start to a year

gretablau said...

Doesn't it feel good to see that number lower on the scale AND to have someone (doctor or nurse) witness that? Love it!

Good luck this week with your meals and workouts!

kia said...

Congratulations on your loss this month. I know no matter how stringent I plan stuff comes up. I try to make my meal planning as flexible as possible for that reason. Have a great week.

Angela @ Nine More Months said...

7 pounds is awesome! It sounds like you are doing really well with everything. Sometimes it's hard to get a workout in, so on those days it's okay to just put on some music and have a dance party with the kids. They won't mind. :)

As for dressing, I use salsa on my salad a lot. Find a salsa you really love. I sometimes mix my salsa with a tablespoon or light Italian or Caesar dressing. Both are awesome!

Have a great week!

Lei said...

7 pounds is AMAZE-Balls!!! You go girl! It is so hard to eat right when you are a busy mom and you are getting it done, obviously! Don't beat yourself up over the meal planning. It happens to all of us! Have a great week!

Shelley said...

YAY!! 7lbs since the first of the year is OUTSTANDING! I know how it is when LIFE gets in the way of our plans/ menus but I know you'll find a rhythm soon enough!

FYI - I keep a fiberplus bar with me no matter where I go - extras in my purse or at my desk at work - that way, when I need a snack, I already have one at the ready. And let's face it, as busy moms, when are we NOT out and about in need of a snack? Works for me :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...