A new year always seems to bring all the new hope that this year is going to be the best and you have all these resolutions that you've made for the coming year. I don't like the word resolution, it sounds like the worse way to describe a goal, but resolutions always seem to fail.
My goals involve getting healthier. I feel off the wagon last year, so this year I'm planning on not. I'm currently reading The Spark, by the guy who created SparkPeople.com, a website that I just love. I've also been tracking my calories on SparkPeople and joined their yearly bootcamp (it usually gets me started for the year). We went for a walk yesterday at the park too. I wanted to give up because there was mud and snow and ice everywhere, but I pushed through, despite my crappy stroller that I have (We are going to be getting a new one with the tax return). I am hoping for some good success with SparkPeople, Mamavation, and my friends support.
My goals for this week:
Bootcamp videos daily for SparkPeople.
Getting back to Tweeting with the Mamavation Sistas
Tracking all my food on SparkPeople (or writing it down somewhere)
Setting up time with friends so that I can get out of my depression and get back on track.
Finding new things to cook that are healthy and cheap so that we can eat better and save money.
This week's Mamavation blogging carnival is Game Stop. We are big fans of Game Stop here in this house. My hubs is an active gamer, and I like to find sport/fitness games for my Wii and love to play the Lego games. The question for this weeks carnival is "What are ways you can work out without having to leave the house?". I find that using the Wii with Wii Active More Workouts, Biggest Loser Challenge and Zumba Fitness I can get a good workout without having to go to the gym. Plus having a few pieces of basic equipment like a stability ball, resistance bands, and hand weights helps as well.
On Mamavation TV this week, the Mamavation Mom Finalists will be on. How exciting. I'm very excited to see who will get chosen this time around.
15 comments:
Way to push it through and keep going at the park! That's the kind of determination that gets you somewhere! We are huge fans of GameStop here as well, we help keep that store in business! lol Have a great week!!
Goals! They are all goals. Shoot for the star. Will be here to help, if you need it
what great goals Katie I have missed you! You sound like you are going to a have great year!
Sounds like some good goals. Tracking calories is my biggest weakness. I will have to check Spark People out.
Happy New Year and I look forward to chatting with you at Mamavation TV this week.
I'm with you, I don't like the term resolutions, they're just decisions that we make and generally don't stick to!!
We love Wii in this house, too. Enjoy Wii Fit!
CJ xx
Best of luck to you as you get moving towards your goals!
Sounds like some great goals. I am with you that I don't like the term resolution either. My goal for the next 90 days is P90X with some of the great women at bookieboo. Keep up the great work!
Hey Katie. Just think... you could have fallen HARD off the wagon. You just had a misstep but you are a rock star and know exactly where to pick up with your goals! Good luck this week (baby steps right). I bounce around Sparkpeople too. I am doing the P90X thing but I am also part of the P90X group on Spark and the heart rate monitor training group.
Glad to see you back posting! Great goals! you can do it!
I love your goals! If you are interested in learning how to coupon I would recommend a site called "weusecoupons.com" .... they help break down all sorts of deals by store... so if you have a walgreens or rite aid near by you can focus on the deals specific to those stores... and you should be able to find our local grocery stores too! I am an active participant on the Rite Aid forum they have... I got 4 boxes of special K cereal for free yesterday...
Let me know if you want help/more info... I love helping people save money!
And definately make time for friends! Depression stinks... I know how it feels... so Stay strong and keep your friends close!
@SeeLauraRun
Sorry to hear you're depressed. I suffer from that too and it's just all-encompassing. One foot in front of the other!
Good luck with your goals! Looking forward to seeing you on Twitter more!!
You have excellent and totally DOABLE goals for this week!!
I look forward to celebrating with you as you reach your goals! :)
Rachel @RachelSteffen
Fantastic goals! Looks like you're off to a great start this year. Looking forward to supporting each other!
Great goals! I'm trying to do more coupon shopping this year. That way I save some money on everyday groceries which mean I will have more money to spend on healthier food options.
I too need desperately to sit down and find some great healthy recipes that I can make quickly and easily. If you find some please post them! :)
These are really awesome goals! Good luck it's going to be a great year.
Post a Comment