Welcome to My Life

Hi ya'll, thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy reading my posts about my life, reviews of books, and whatever comes to mind. Please look around and let me know that you've been here. Enjoy!

Friday, March 19, 2010

The Flowering Cross review

Photobucket

I was lucky to be given the oppurtunity to review The Flowering Cross, a very touching Easter story by Beth Ryan about a young girl named Katie, (very wonderful name) showing God's love to her neighbor Papa Jack, who goes from being a mean old man to a wonderful man sharing in God's love as well.

I loved pulling it out of the box, the cover caught my attention, with artwork done by Renee Graef.  The artwork is wonderful and it is great for children of any age to enjoy. I enjoyed reading the story, that can be easily related to all children, and then being able to think more about the reading with Faith Imprint, which give a way to discuss the story in a much simpler way to our children. I also like that there are Bible verses at the bottom as well to tie the whole story together. Reading such a wonderful story about sharing God's love with everyone, even those that seem mean and unreachable is something everyone should remember to do.

The Flowering Cross is a very simple and loving story about God's love in the lives of a young girl and her family and how they share it with others. It also give directions at the back of the book on how to make your own Flowering Cross.

I received this as a complimentary copy of this book from Thomas Nelson and Book Sneeze. I was not paid for my review nor was I encouraged to give a favorable one.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...