Welcome to My Life

Hi ya'll, thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy reading my posts about my life, reviews of books, and whatever comes to mind. Please look around and let me know that you've been here. Enjoy!

Friday, March 12, 2010

Twitter Parties and a basic Twitter 101

Over the last month or so I have learned about the wonderful world of Twitter parties. My first Twitter party was I think for the launch of the current (and soon to end) Mamavation campaign. (If you haven't heard about Mamavation, a social media project that helps support mamas in their weight loss goals, stop by and check it out.) It's sometimes hard to keep up with them, but there are things to help you along. I use Tweet Deck, which I also run to keep up with my twitter, facebook, and myspace status updates. There are a few other things similar to use like HootSuite (but I don't know too much about them). I use TweetChat and TweetGrid. to keep up with parties. With TweetGrid you can have several different hashtags (the subject or person you are talking about such. Using a hashtag helps to talk with others who are following the same thing you are, like #oscars, #Twilight and such) to follow and keep them all in one window verus TweetChat that will only let you use one hashtag to follow, but they both will let you see anyones tweets who are using the same hashtag as you. You use both TweetChat and TweetGrid within your browser, Tweet Deck you run as a program on your computer (or Iphone/Ipod Touch). Twitter Parties are also a great way to meet other people to 'follow' that have similar interests as you too. But for a very good post on "How to Participate in a Twitter Party, check out Resourceful Mommy's blog here and get the 411 on Twitter Parties by the wonderful mama that runs most of the Twitter parties that I attend. Hope this will help you learn a little more about Twitter Parties and help you take part in a lot of fun.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...