It's a work in progress so you may have seen plenty of changes over the last bit. I'm working to make it more appealing for everyone and yet showing who I am. Hope you enjoy and come back soon.
Welcome to My Life
Hi ya'll, thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy reading my posts about my life, reviews of books, and whatever comes to mind. Please look around and let me know that you've been here. Enjoy!
Thursday, March 11, 2010
woohoo W1D1 of C25K
I've been reading about and hearing about a program to get you running called Couch to 5K or C25K. The website that I have looked up info at is Cool Running. They have a lot of information there and links to programs that help you get through the program. I downloaded an app for my Ipod touch, which for $1.99 it seems to be worth it and so much more. So today on our family outing to the base gym I started my first day. I guess for the first week you run for 1 minute and then walk for 1 1/2 minutes. Wow let me tell ya, this girl hasn't run in a really REALLY long time. Last time I really ran was last year when my pal Laura made me run during a personal training session. But even though I wanted to stop I kept it up. Hubs came back into the room and he was very surprised to see me on the treadmill and more surprised to know what I was doing. But the fact that he was proud of me and kept expressing how proud he was of me made me feel great. So I hope that it will only get better from here, I know running isn't easy but I would love to be able to run with hubs. So anyone else learning the C25K plan?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yeah, they are fun.
Post a Comment