Welcome to My Life

Hi ya'll, thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy reading my posts about my life, reviews of books, and whatever comes to mind. Please look around and let me know that you've been here. Enjoy!

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Mamavation Monday 3/29

Well another week has passed, and its almost April. I didn't get to do too much this week, I had an appt with my doc on Monday who said I needed to take it easy this week until after I had my Upper GI Scope that I had on Friday so that I could take pain meds to help with my back pain (wasn't allowed to take any anti-inflammitory meds for a week prior to my scope), but that after a week I could start again, and he wanted to see me back in 3 weeks to see if the pain meds and the muscle relaxers helped with my back pain. He also did an xray to see if there was anything going on that needed to be dealt with. I did take Baby D to the park on Thursday, and we had a wonderful walk so I did get some exercise in, and I've been tracking my food much better the last few days. It seems that my motivation has finally came back (Oh how I've missed it) and I'm finding the time to log my food in. As for my scope, the doctor increased my Nexium that I take and said that should improve my stomach problems, so we'll see. Other than that, being weighed on Monday and being weighed on Friday, I had lost 6 lbs. Probably because I can be watching more of what I was eating, since I only go two workouts in, but I'll take it.

Goals for this week, I'm going to get back to my workouts this week (starting on Sunday), and keep up with the food tracking. I'm hoping to get some more weight off soon. I'm not looking forward to having to buy new clothes since I'm not a fan of shopping, but as soon as I get my goal weight I'll be glad to do some shopping. I'm hoping the weather improves so that Baby D and I can walk at the park more, and we'll be going to the gym a couple of times a week too. We are going to be eating at home most of the week, and I've already done out our meal plan, I'm excited about it. We had to change it up today since I forgot to put out the steaks and my throat still wasn't totally ready for that.

I'd like to say a big THANK YOU to Mamavation and the Sistahood. The ladies that are apart of it are so amazing and supportive and I'm grateful for that support. I love reading the tweets and posts from my Sistas and seeing how well they are doing. I'd also like to give a shoutout to one of the Mamavation sponsors, Earth Footwear. I've heard nothing but great things about their shoes and I hope to get a pair in the near future. This month they are teaming up with Mamavation to help celebrate their 40th anniversary and Earth Day which is in April and they are going to be having give-aways all month. Check Earth Footwear out, you'll see that their shoes are great and help you get some weight off and tone up.

Also if you are considering applying to be the next Mamavation mom, don't forget to get your application in by April 1st. The info for apply to be a mamavation mom is found here.  And the Twitter Party to announce our new mamavation moms will be on April 12th. Yay for Twitter parties since it will be hosted by the wonderful Amy @ResourcefulMom.

8 comments:

Lean & Green Mama said...

I lagged in motivation for the 1st half of March too...but it has also finally come back for me. Wish my weight on the scale reflected that new motivation this week, but it didn't. Hopefully next week! But your scale reflected your diligence big time...congrats!

Here's to another great week!

Holly @ Making Over Me
http://makingoverme.blogspot.com
@bloggymama

Krista said...

You are doing amazing! especially while dealing with all your health issues - keep up the good work!

Daenel T. said...

I know it's hard not to lose your focus when you're dealing with health issues but remember you have to take care of your body. Eating properly and staying hydrated will count just as much as working out when your body lets you.

~Lori~ said...

Keep up the hardwork! You can do this!

Brittney said...

I'm sorry about all the crud you are dealing with! You are doing great still keeping track of your food and being active. Sometimes a walk in the park is all you can do which is so much better than watching a TV show together. You're doing great!

kia said...

I love having you in the Sistahood and want to express my empathy for your medical issues. Before I was diagnosed with my food allergies I had an ultrasound, endoscopy, etc. My GI wanted to remove my gall bladder to see if it would help. That is when I left his practice. It was frustrating but once I had a diagnosis life was so much better. Good luck to you and getting back to activity.

bookieboo said...

6 lbs. in one week? Or did I read that wrong. Wow. I've never done that.

I love having you in the Sistahood. XXOO

Pamela M. Kramer - A Renaissance Woman said...

None of that upper GI stuff sounds any fun. We are here for you and good luck with your goals! Hang in there "SISTA!"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...