Welcome to My Life

Hi ya'll, thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy reading my posts about my life, reviews of books, and whatever comes to mind. Please look around and let me know that you've been here. Enjoy!

Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year Again

Well yea, I'm a lil late with this, seeing as its the 4th almost 5th of January now. Life is crazy when you have a newborn, and a husband. I'm trying to figure out how to get some sort of schedule/routine in my life, which is hard with my almost 3 month old, who is just the best thing in the world. We had a wonderful Christmas, we were able to go home and visit with our families and show off our lil man and he had a good time. Now as it's the start of a new year, I'm sure the big thing that comes to mind are those pesky New Year's Resolutions. I hate the term, because I always seem to get let down when I make 'resolutions'. So last year I resolved to not have resolutions, but to make goals for what I would like to get done during the year. I usually go over my ones that I made for the previous year, but for some reason I can't find last years. Hmm Oh well, guess I'll just go ahead and make my list for this year.

My Goals for 2010

1. Get back in shape and improve my health. I enjoyed last year when I was working out, dropping the weight and feeling better overall, and I hope that this year once I get started will have the same results. I learned last year that I like working out, it gives me some energy and I will most certainly need it when D starts to get mobile. Plus fitting in 10 to 15 mins a day is not too terribly hard. I have enough stuff at home to keep with a program, and when D gets a lil bigger and I can take him to a daycare at a gym, I'll get back on the elliptical, a friend I've not seen in a year.

2. Become better with coupons. Having only one income is at times challenging, but we are still afloat. I would like to become one of those people who can have a bill of $100 and spend only $10 or something like that.

3. Finish my medical transcription program and find a job with it. With having the baby, I really want to stay at home with him, but I also miss having a job and I hope with completion of this program (thanks to MyCAA funds) I can find something that will bring in some additional income.

4. Read the bible in 90 days. This is from another blog (Mom's Toolbox). She has posted this challenge, and while I'm a few days late, I plan on trying to catch up and complete it on time. Just need to schedule my day some, around the baby's non schedule of course.

5. To be the best mom that I can be. I know this probably wont be too hard, but it's important to me that I do the best that I can for my son, we had waited so long for him to arrive, that I worry that I wont live up to everything that he needs. Plus being a 'single' mom at times, I'm sure will prove to be challenging, I just plan to give it my all.

6. De-clutter our home. I have stuff in boxes, in the shed, that have not seen the light of day in a few years. A big goal is to go through it, and use it or pitch it. Craigslist and freecycle and amazon are great places to get rid of things. Plus we have to make room for all the baby's things now.

7. Finish some craft projects. I have a box full of stuff to learn how to knit and it is sitting at the top of my closet. I have tons of stuff to do scrapbooks too and they sit in a box. I would like to finish a few projects this year.

8. Learn to manage my time better. This should really be number one but it's still on my list. I don't understand how it seems I have less time now than when I was working full time and going to school. Shows you that not having some structure in my life makes it hard for me to focus on the things that I need to do.

Ok, with the last goal being said, I need to get myself to bed since the baby is asleep, and get some of that much needed sleep in. If I feel the need to update these or change/add them, I will. But these are the foremost important goals that I have for myself. I hope that this year is wonderful for everyone.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...